Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be bothered to listen back but I think it was in the interview after the Coventry game as he mentioned Elliott Moore may be back for Tuesday.
He did, said he was hoping to have him back for Tuesday and Murphy and someone else may be available for the weekend

An aggressive window with the 6 or 7 incomings we really do need including several permanents would be a sign of proper intent, and that we want promotion and are a progressive club. I realise it’s not an easy window to recruit in, but as part of rebuilding we need to more than most sides in L1.

A window with just a few loans coming in to replace those we are losing shows we aren’t going for it and despite our league position we are happy and content to not be investing and making the most of the opportunity.

The latter scenario would be worrying! But the realisation must also be that we would need 12-15 new players in the summer to even have half a chance of staying in the Champ if we got there! I suspect behind the scenes investment in the playing side is very much on hold for obvious reasons covered on other threads.

An aggressive window with the 6 or 7 incomings we really do need including several permanents would be a sign of proper intent
No chance.

Even if the board were prepared to attack the window and be this aggressive, there’s no way we’d be able to get that much business done this month.

I’d rather we took an aggressive approach to 3-4 and actually made them happen, then have a real go in the summer.

No chance.

Even if the board were prepared to attack the window and be this aggressive, there’s no way we’d be able to get that much business done this month.

I’d rather we took an aggressive approach to 3-4 and actually made them happen, then have a real go in the summer.
The thing is if Beadle and Edwards go, or have gone, that means 4 of our 5 loanees have returned, so we are only replacing them plus a couple of other permanent signings and we could have 6 in quite easily.

We do need quality though and not just bodies in the building, it all depends how serious the powers that be are about our football club, which is the point my original post was making.

No chance.

It feels like every season we delay 'having a real go'... no doubt there'll be another reason in the summer we can't.

When are we actually going to do it?

I’d like Kyle Edwards to sign on a permanent deal from Ipswich . Should be back soon and he makes things happen so unless we are signing mass loan players I’d keep him
Really
Much as shown to be a good player when playing, his injury record is very poor and to even keep as a loanee when likely to contribute a few games, if any would be complete folly

I’d like Kyle Edwards to sign on a permanent deal from Ipswich . Should be back soon and he makes things happen so unless we are signing mass loan players I’d keep him
Don't think we should take the risk. We already have wingers who are prone to injury and to sign one who is on the same path would be foolish. I think he'll be another Browne unfortunately.
I'd like us to do the research and sign at least one winger who is 'robust' and has a good injury record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom