Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
he’s exactly what we need, however if he was to drop down to L1 once again we imagine he could hand pick his club.

Seen so little of McGinty, I'm not sure what to think of him tbh

No they don't. That's factually incorrect.

There are multiple loan clauses in loan deals, however there are two main clauses that you are referring to; 'loans that cannot be terminated' (i.e. neither the parent club nor loan club can end the agreement) and 'option to recall' (the parent club can recall a player, but the loan club cannot terminate the loan). Thirdly in select albeit very rare cases the option to terminate a loan by the loan club can exist, however it's worth noting this largely doesn't happen with players who are unlikely to feature for the parent club any time soon (if ever). In fact it's so rare, it pretty much doesn't happen whatsoever and has been the case for a little while.

Most clauses in loan agreements between clubs typically favour the parent club, however there is very rarely (if ever) an option for the loan club to cancel a loan without the consent of the parent club. It very rarely happens but when it does it typically triggers some sort of payment by the loan club to the parent club to terminate the contract early.

99% of loans carry a clause which means that loans cannot be terminated by the loan club. This clause would most likely have been part of the agreement.

I work in the football industry and see these regularly. I will eat my own face, hat, scarf, slippers, wooly socks and vest if there is an option to terminate a loan without some sort of triggered payment... Unless Ipswich are a rare footballing charity case (or OUFC have been paying some sort of inflated fee to introduce a clause that enables them to terminate the loan). Basically, there a more than high probability the club are paying something to have the opportunity to end the contract prematurely.

That’s interesting, thanks. Loans are definitely not everything they are cracked up to be for the club taking the player as we have experienced this week.

So, if you are going to Carlisle will you be backing him? Yes or no.

I hope McGinty plays. If it’s Eastwood then everytime the ball goes to him, I will be looking between my fingers. In the hope there isn’t a blooper.

Definitely supporting the team as a whole, why else would I make such a long journey. I follow this club on the road more than home games, and nobody can dispute my commitment and passion towards OUFC.

Might be my age but I am confused regarding the Edwards situation.
It has been stated that that his agreement has been terminated but is staying with us for rehab.
Some are saying they hope he returns to the squad to play in the near future.
Surely we cannot play him again unless we re-sign him which would not be possible once the January window closes.

Might be my age but I am confused regarding the Edwards situation.
It has been stated that that his agreement has been terminated but is staying with us for rehab.
Some are saying they hope he returns to the squad to play in the near future.
Surely we cannot play him again unless we re-sign him which would not be possible once the January window closes.
Basically he won't be fit enough to play again this season as he's only expected to become fit in April. By this time his contract with Ipswich will be almost over. They've agreed to pay his wages but as he's settled here and getting good treatment, he's staying with us till the end of the season but without being contracted to us. If he does get back to full fitness then, and we want to sign him for next season, we'd be in prime position to do so.

Basically he won't be fit enough to play again this season as he's only expected to become fit in April. By this time his contract with Ipswich will be almost over. They've agreed to pay his wages but as he's settled here and getting good treatment, he's staying with us till the end of the season but without being contracted to us. If he does get back to full fitness then, and we want to sign him for next season, we'd be in prime position to do so.
Exactly.
Which is why I cannot understand some members saying they hope he will be fit enough to play for us in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom