Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully they've already done the mind-numbing teaser videos etc and we can just get excited by a new striker as soon as possible
My guess is a couple of clips of games in which we have triumphed by a couple of goals, followed by the actual announcement using the...

Good win, good win, Goodwin tagline

Nice video. I’m sure Charlton will be really hacked off that they can’t link him with Alfie May to push for a play off place

Certainly seems like a 'poacher' type striker.
there was another goal added in the replied to the video, can’t agree more, looks like he uses his body, pops the ball off to a creative player and instantly hits that 18 years box.

Old school

He looks quite raw but I can see why we’ve done it. He has a mix of attributes that look quite hard to find at this level. He’s tall and strong, but also mobile too.

He will need to get used to our style of play which is a world away from Cheltenham’s!

Plenty of shipwrecks on the Goodwin Sands. Let's hope he can create a few more.

He looks quite raw but I can see why we’ve done it. He has a mix of attributes that look quite hard to find at this level. He’s tall and strong, but also mobile too.

He will need to get used to our style of play which is a world away from Cheltenham’s!
It looks like his first instinct is to get into the 6 yard box. Almost the opposite of Harris, who likes to drop off towards to penalty spot / edge of the box. Hopefully they can work well together

At the beginning of the month with Beadle returning to Brighton, Mills’ injury and only one starting striker in the first team squad, it was imperative that we signed a goal keeper, winger and striker.

With Cumming, Burey and hopefully Goodwin coming in we’ve done that. Plus sorting out a deal for Bennett and Edwards. Stage one complete.

Stage two, Another striker on loan, another winger.

Stage three, any last minute deals that suddenly become available and would be too good to turn down. Get O’Donker a decent loan move.

Des has already said that we are heavily stocked in midfield, so I don’t see any incomings in that department unless Smyth goes out on loan.

Players returning from injury such as Leigh and Long, with Bodin, Murphy and Negru not far behind.

All things considered it’s a decent window, more work to be done in the summer.

It’s good to see we are going down the route of signing younger strikers with potential, who are able to last 90 minutes such as Harris and Goodwin, rather than the likes of Mackie, Winnall and Baldock who can’t run and looking for a final payday.
I’d say it’s been okay, but potentially not decent unless stages two and three happen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom