Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just wondering if any new signing hasn’t spoken to the gaffer or been that bothered by what he’s trying to do here.

I’d love for the marketing team to come up with something more like we’d come home with….

“The boss seems alright not too much micro management, the other guys seem ok. Going to the pub on Monday for a getting to know you drinks session.”

Whose next
Assuming we're going off Robin Williams' filmography then Everton left-back Jack Butler looks likely.

Of course, it might be Matt Damon's films we're using for recruitment, in which case Connor Ripley a possibility, or AZ Alkmaar's Matt Ryan.

Whoever it is, I can't wait for the next reveal video.

If he isn't even joining training till the end of the month, then I reckon the earliest we'll see him is the Blackpool game on the 10th (assuming it'll take a couple of weeks of training to get to full match fitness).

That leaves 5 games we still only have Harris & O'Donkor as striking options if we don't bring another in.
Harris can't kick the ball without scoring a goal at the moment, so it's not the disaster it would have been back in October.

Hopefully will turn out to be a good signing but we could have really done with him straight away. Games coming thick and fast.

I’m just wondering if any new signing hasn’t spoken to the gaffer or been that bothered by what he’s trying to do here.

I’d love for the marketing team to come up with something more like we’d come home with….

“The boss seems alright not too much micro management, the other guys seem ok. Going to the pub on Monday for a getting to know you drinks session.”

"I'm just here for the money" is the answer I would love to see any football club try and spin.

Harris can't kick the ball without scoring a goal at the moment, so it's not the disaster it would have been back in October.
True but considering we're chasing promotion, we really need players for the here and now that can come in and play straight away. If we bring another striker in I think Goodwin could be a good signing long term, but if we don't and Harris drops off again that's another 4/5 games with only O'Donkor to (try) pick up the slack and there are some VERY important games in that time.

True but considering we're chasing promotion, we really need players for the here and now that can come in and play straight away. If we bring another striker in I think Goodwin could be a good signing long term, but if we don't and Harris drops off again that's another 4/5 games with only O'Donkor to (try) pick up the slack and there are some VERY important games in that time.
Great signing, but the injury concerns are perfectly valid. I'm sure he'll be a fantastic player for us (exactly the profile I'd have picked) but must admit it really bugs me the idea that anyone would flippantly dismiss the next 10% of the season as 'just a few games' where he cannot contribute. If we end up firing blanks in those games and dropping 8+ points, it'll matter then. Perfectly OK to get excited about the longer term mission with him while also keeping up a concern around the short term - we have some massive games ahead that could shape the rest of our season and for that period at least, we are no better off. It's a certainty we needed another striker anyway so hopefully that isn't far off, but particularly now that the latest arrival is an injury concern, the sooner that happens the better.

Last edited:
its just 4 games right?
That is 20% (minimum) of the remaining season though, excluding playoffs. I'd say that's significant.

Another striker on loan to help us through this patch and for the rest of the season would really show some ambition but at least Harris has played himself into some really good form which eases the pressure a bit.

Whose next
Top Album. Actually gave the vinyl a spin last weekend. I'll forgive your spelling mistake.

Mi01Mjg0LmpwZWc.jpeg

In another note, could this slight injury, sadly for GoD mean he is isn't able to go on loan?

He doesn't play much whatever the situation with Harris is so I can't see it having much more of an effect than him staying right till the end of the transfer window. Bit mental if we keep him here as once Goodwin is fit he isn't even likely to make the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom