Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. We have far too many passengers, older crocks who can't get fit, too many high earning players who just havent delivered or justified their wages. We need to get back to basics, accept we're League One and stop all this 'top 30 club' talk B*****s! KR was whistling in the wind!

Get players in who can play regularly and aren't clogging up the medical room, get some pace in to the team and bloody well get a defensive midfielder in!!

We have just paid a lot of cash for a player who effectively 'failed' his medical. It will be interesting to see actually when he can play. A "top 30" club wouldn't have been so desperate
Shambles at the top.

Throw in a goalkeeper who’s been at fault for all 3 goals today.

Edwards who’s out till Easter so probably the season.

Shambles of a January window.

We have just paid a lot of cash for a player who effectively 'failed' his medical. It will be interesting to see actually when he can play. A "top 30" club wouldn't have been so desperate
Shambles at the top.

Are you really suggesting that we shouldn't have signed a player we've been tracking for a while because he has a short-term injury?

And that no 'top 30' club would?

Are you really suggesting that we shouldn't have signed a player we've been tracking for a while because he has a short-term injury?

And that no 'top 30' club would?
Neither you or I know just how long we have been "tracking " him. Is he the only forward we were looking at then?
By the way I hope you're right that his injury is "short-term".

To play two strikers with Will Goodwin partnering Harris looks like it should work. Bristol Rovers as usual were difficult to play against.
I’m certainly hoping that Cumming is going to show some more control than he did today. I wonder if he’s match fit after todays debacle.
Lose against Reading and Buckingham is going to look a rushed and expensive appointment

Neither you or I know just how long we have been "tracking " him. Is he the only forward we were looking at then?
By the way I hope you're right that his injury is "short-term".

Well, no. But why would we lie about tracking him? Serious question.

And I thought Buckingham was quite clear in saying that we were looking to bring another forward and winger in?

Des is sadly cluthing at strays lose heavily Tuesday night he will be under massive pressure.

And There was more from Burey in that game than Murphy has ever shown .

Question for those more tactically literate than me. If we sign a holding midfielder and play four at the back with two wingers, where does RR play, ideally? Obvs there can be variations and not many will necessarily start every week.

Murphy is a good player. On his day outstanding. Moreover he's on our books until the end of the season For whatever reason he didn't play much under Robinson- who we know had a habit of hanging players out to dry - and shipping them out on loan if their face didn't fit. Manning used him sometimes. Buckingham used him more- until he was injured a few weeks ago

I think the new manager is right to think of him as a member of a the first team squad who offers us attacking options which we badly need.

I do not like the 3-4-3 formation as it showed today with 3 at the back the gaps out wide were exploited putting in crosses at will a shambolic idea better at 4-3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom