Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No but keeper, right wing/full back, defensive midfielder and forward a must.
We have two keepers, we're certainly not signing another. Des said two forwards and I assume that's what will happen, on Wednesday afternoon. Will hopefully cheer us up after the Pompey fiasco.

We have two keepers, we're certainly not signing another. Des said two forwards and I assume that's what will happen, on Wednesday afternoon. Will hopefully cheer us up after the Pompey fiasco.
With Mcginty gone, anything happens to Cumming or Eastwood.
Have we a young keeper on books loaned? or capable of stepping in.
Mcginty is In Ireland so no recall for 6 months.
Can’t remember which Irish team I’d been watching, had 2 keepers on the bench.
1 a youngster, who’d be very unlikely to play. But thought what a good idea to bring him into the set up. And experience it.
Was I imagining Oisin Smyth in goals

Last edited:
Presumably there's a youth team keeper, most clubs don't keep three senior pro keepers do they?

Can’t remember which Irish team I’d been watching, had 2 keepers on the bench.
1 a youngster, who’d be very unlikely to play. But thought what a good idea to bring him into the set up. And experience it.
Was I imagining Oisin Smyth in goals
If both get injured then we can sign one on an emergency loan. Simple. No need for another.

It didn't need a rebuild. It needed 2 or 3 quality additons at the top end of the pitch - pretty standard for a side gunning for promotion. The Beadle and Mills situations then also needed to be addressed. Hardly insurmountable.

It's those unable to levy any criticism at our management and/or recruitment that are doing our squad a disservice. We have the bones of a quality squad. I actually feel bad for the consistent performers doing all they can - Brown, Brannagan, Rodrigues, Harris. They deserve to be in the promotion shake-up and for our management to have brought in the required support. They're on the front line, slugging their guts out while those behind them dither in sorting out reinforcements.
Needed a new GK, replacement for 3 loans that were terminated and then 3 more attackers and people want a CM too..

Seems like a hefty shift in the side

I honestly think Timmy Mallett could do a better job than Timmy Williams, or Timmy the t**t as I shall now call him

How many interviews have you had published in 'The Atlantic'**?

Show some respect.

** The sports clickbait rag with respected writers. The Atlantic is something different. Maybe.

Last edited:
How many interviews have you had published in 'The Atlantic'?

Show some respect.
I know name calling is to be discouraged generally, but if yer man wants to refer to our CEO as Timmy the Twit, I don’t think we can stop that.

I think a few people need to descend from Cloud Cuckoo Land.
The MOST signings we will see this week is TWO. That is what Buckingham said he was hoping for (a forward and a winger). Can we stop this unrealistic “we could get in 3-5 new players, they might turn around our season” waffle.
We won’t be getting in a strong robust defensive midfielder, or a right back, both of whom are desperately needed. Our season is fukced, whatever the unrealisticOptimists claim. We are in a scrap for 6th place but are looking more miserable than the teams directly below us.
And I’m also pretty p*ssed off with this “well, he’ll be fit in 3/5/7/9 weeks “ tosh. We need reinforcements NOW. On the pitch. Not ready to play sometime in the distant future.
I’m certainly not expecting to get over-excited this week.

I know name calling is to be discouraged generally, but if yer man wants to refer to our CEO as Timmy the Twit, I don’t think we can stop that.

I'm not sure I would want to, but I've had it up to here with corporate officers being fair game for scum like me.

• Haha
Reactions: MJB
We need at least 3 in by the deadline Thursday night.

A holding midfielder & forward players with pace.

Hopefully the three of them are fit, ready to play & have decent experience of the EFL.

If this doesn’t happen, I suspect a finish of 8th to 10th.
I think we will see one in. A young forward on loan.

Think we all know that a tackling, combative, fit DCM is not on the list and won't be coming in, despite one being desperately needed for a few years now.

It's so poor that successive managers have not seen it, and also realised what it might do to free up Cam and MM going forward....Smyth is the most likely player we have who could play there, maybe that is DB's plan?

Cam/MM/RR are all better further forward, and McEachran doesn't have the legs neither does Henry now unfortunately.

I do see what DB says about having numbers in there but the balance is not right and hasn't been for a number of seasons.

I'm not sure replacing Tim and Grant improves Des's lack of tactical nouce or how he coaches the players. What he really needs is an experienced no 2 with efl experience.
Which is probably why he was less than enamoured with being lumbered with Hackett. Although I’m sure he’s a good coach at youth level. He’s got no experience as an EFL first team coach

Eddie Brearey is the young pro GK at the moment.
So the 3rd choice now McGinty has gone out.

If both get injured then we can sign one on an emergency loan. Simple. No need for another.
I reckon we need two more keepers with EFL experience who can come in and deliver at the drop of the hat, or we can say goodbye to promotion.

@Nadi- makes an excellent point that we are only two injuries away from having a real issue at the position, but most players we sign aren’t ready to play so I’d like to see us pre-empt that with two additions.

I reckon we need two more keepers with EFL experience who can come in and deliver at the drop of the hat, or we can say goodbye to promotion.

@Nadi- makes an excellent point that we are only two injuries away from having a real issue at the position, but most players we sign aren’t ready to play so I’d like to see us pre-empt that with two additions.
So you want us to carry 4 senior goalkeepers plus a young pro on the wage bill until the end of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom