Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one but when I've seen Moxon (only a few times tbf) I was unimpressed as he seemed to slow play down a lot?

That is not to say he won't be a good signing but just to me that he looks no more than an average L1 player.
You are not.

Bang average against us.

And pure goal machines like Lewandowski, Kane, Haaland, van Nistelrooy, Benzema don't.
Kane drops back into midfield and feeds midfield players running past him regularly . He is far from a typical out and out striker

Kane drops back into midfield and feeds midfield players running past him regularly . He is far from a typical out and out striker

Kane scores nearly all his goals within 12-15 yards of goal - he is most definitely an out and out number 9. No player exists who can score at his phenomenal rate, create loads for others and work his B*****s off. Yes, he works harder than most but that's his game. To say he isn't an out and out striker though is ridiculous. What's his position called if it's not a striker ?

Kane scores nearly all his goals within 12-15 yards of goal - he is most definitely an out and out number 9. No player exists who can score at his phenomenal rate, create loads for others and work his B*****s off. Yes, he works harder than most but that's his game. To say he isn't an out and out striker though is ridiculous. What's his position called if it's not a striker ?
Dick do you think a man should be more like a woman?

Also, the XG hipsters are using numbers to describe positions all wrong. 6 is centre back, not midfield!

1 - GK

2 - RB
5 - CB
6 - CB
3 - LB

7 - RW
4 - CM
8 - CM
11 - LW

9 - Striker
10 - Striker

Anything else is wrong!!
6 these days is classed as the new CDM number.

As for people talking about players being out and out strikers, I’ve said for a few years now that the game has changed and players need to be more versatile to be able to make it in the game.
One of the main reasons you don’t get out and out centre forwards now is because you no longer get the old school winger who will beat the full back and get a cross in. Wingers come inside, the full back over laps to drag a player away and it is played around the box. The central striker will drop in to drag a defender away which allows an attacking midfielder to run in behind.

The game has changed from the 442 days and I can’t see it getting back to that anytime soon when kids as young as 6 and 7 are being asked to come inside as a winger.

Has it made watching football more enjoyable? I’d say no but unfortunately due to the high amounts of money in the game now, it has taken away from teams just going for it and they set up to not concede first rather than actually go and attack on the front foot. You do get expectations of this of course but not many.

I know it's only one mans opinion but I just looked up current most technically gifted footballers and on every list I read there was no Kane, no Haaland, no Lewandowski.

Strange that.

On other lists from, when Man Utd were at their best, I notice Scholes regularly made it but no van Nistelrooy, no Cole, no Yorke.

Who are these clueless people compiling these lists ?

I know it's only one mans opinion but I just looked up current most technically gifted footballers and on every list I read there was no Kane, no Haaland, no Lewandowski.

Strange that.
Why did you quote Lewandowski then!!!! So we have now moved from technically gifted to most technically gifted, you shift your position quicker than a second rate politican.

Strange that.
If there’s no Kane on them then I suggest you’re looking in the wrong places. Kane is one of the most technically gifted forwards out there, only thing he lacks is pace which obviously isn’t a technical attribute

Am I the only one but when I've seen Moxon (only a few times tbf) I was unimpressed as he seemed to slow play down a lot?

That is not to say he won't be a good signing but just to me that he looks no more than an average L1 player.
Was poor when we played them at their place recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom