Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is your choice. Marriott wanted to move closer to Northampton, he was a top target and talks had been ongoing, lots of expectation it would be done today, slow progress, Wrexham ramped up their interest and did the deal quickly.
If true, why are was it slow progress? Over to you Dim Tim.

It may be pocket money, but the club can only spend money that it generates, and we generate very little without player sales. Even the lowest estimates of £2m would enable us to buy 5 Will Goodwins.

And we also have to remember that whilst the Championship and a new stadium is our vision, Tyler's vision might be PL and competing for major honours. I don't think that he would ever be the kind of player to sulk and down tools, but equally it's not healthy having players in your team who would rather be elsewhere.

Of course I'd hope that he stays, but until we get the new stadium we have to accept that player trading is essential to our survival.

It’s still essential for some Premier league clubs to stay within the FFP rules too.

I don’t understand this mentality that a new stadium is somehow going to magically end any form of financial pressure and the way we have to operate as a relatively small club.

It’s still essential for some Premier league clubs to stay within the FFP rules too.

I don’t understand this mentality that a new stadium is somehow going to magically end any form of financial pressure and the way we have to operate as a relatively small club.

The point I made was that currently selling players is essential to our survival, and this means that we often sell earlier than some other clubs have to. With additional income streams, we could be in a position where we wouldn't need to sell Goodrham in the summer and could keep him for another season as an example.

The new stadium wouldn't take away financial pressures, but it would help mitigate some of them.

So, how many Camel do we have to trade with? Maybe we'll bring in an Egyptian striker familiar with triangles and our Pyramid system.

We definitely, definitely were. Unfortunately it was a deal we failed to get done despite the player wanting the move, and we move on. I know this from someone very well connected. We are struggling on deals. Disappointing but it's how we roll.
Wages?, Des? or other ?

Don’t think there’s ever been an EFL-only Deadline Day live blog before. Not The Top 20 have got one today:

Every done deal in the EFL updated throughout the day, with a bit of info and insight into every signing… and not filled with any breathless nonsense about Manchester United’s late bid for an over-the-hill loanee striker!

Worth getting the tab open and refreshing throughout the day!

Last edited:
Wrexham’s revenue for 2022 was £5.97million when they were in the conference, since then they have been promoted and their lowest attendance in the league this season was 9771 and since they have got their temp stand behind the goal, they don’t get less than 12000 at home games.
They get millions from tik tok and Disney for their documentary.

So while we aim to be a top 30 club, we have a long way to go until we get there with our limited income streams while Wrexham have basically won the lottery and can outbid teams in league 1 for players.
So if they have Ryan Reynolds' money (with Hollywood's attention) and Robbie Williams wants to do the same with Port Vale - who should we be looking at? Thom Yorke? Kaleb Cooper?
Perhaps their affections will fade and they'll be back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom