New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

To me the road closure will annoy Kidlington residents - even if it doesn't in reality affect them.
But biggest problem with it is for those coming in cars from the north, and even more so for those wanting to get away to the north from the park and ride after the match, all at the same time. Instead of traffic being able to go both directions on leaving the car park, all will be pushed south creating far more congestion than would have been the case.

A much better scenario would be a temporary speed restriction to 10mph, from park and ride to the roundabout, with large digital notice board (as they have at bicester village) at either end, along with decent crossing points. So allowing traffic flow both directions.

I did go to the exhibition earlier and steady flow of people. The boards on display were copies of what’s available on the internet. The new stadium team were not there until later today.
Nothing new really but they were looking for feedback which most people gave them via a document that’s also on the internet.

Ps: if you are thinking of going, do not pay for car park. Register your car for free in the exhibition room.

To me the road closure will annoy Kidlington residents - even if it doesn't in reality affect them.
But biggest problem with it is for those coming in cars from the north, and even more so for those wanting to get away to the north from the park and ride after the match, all at the same time. Instead of traffic being able to go both directions on leaving the car park, all will be pushed south creating far more congestion than would have been the case.

A much better scenario would be a temporary speed restriction to 10mph, from park and ride to the roundabout, with large digital notice board (as they have at bicester village) at either end, along with decent crossing points. So allowing traffic flow both directions.
They could maybe have a one way controlled traffic route that allows people to go north from Parkway after the game. Just needs a few high vis jackets to allow people to cross?

I did go to the exhibition earlier and steady flow of people. The boards on display were copies of what’s available on the internet. The new stadium team were not there until later today.
Nothing new really but they were looking for feedback which most people gave them via a document that’s also on the internet.

Ps: if you are thinking of going, do not pay for car park. Register your car for free in the exhibition room.
cheers for the heads up @Frankie

Just reading back through the summary from the webinar the other night (particularly the comment above) and looking at the images is anyone else concerned there is a distinct lack of yellow and OUFC insignia outside the stadium? With the response above it feels like the designers are putting the hotel before the club?
If the blue parts of the proposed design were yellow, it would be too much. Blue isn't going to look dirty so quickly and yellow would make the stadium much more 'in your face' which we might like but would potentially be less subtle for the planners!. I think you are right in that the yellow can be provided by the planting and flags etc on the outside and the inside can be much more 'yellow'.

Every other Saturday I have to drive to Grenoble Road. I live in Abingdon and would normally get onto the Drayton Road. However because of the volume of traffic it takes me 30 minutes to reach the A34. So I have to find another route and believe it or not it is quicker to get to Steventon and join the A34 at Milton a good 10 miles added to my journey but saves 15/20 minutes. I could go through the centre of Abingdon and join at Abingdon North but that would also take 30 minutes.

My point is drivers are inconvenienced all the time but they find ways around it.

Hopefully when we move to the new stadium I can drive to Radley and then go by train

They could maybe have a one way controlled traffic route that allows people to go north from Parkway after the game. Just needs a few high vis jackets to allow people to cross?

Just install a couple of zebra crossing or a traffic light controlled crossings on Oxford road and reduce the speed limit to 20mph.

Not everyone is going to be entering the game at the same time like they don't currently at the Kassam. As for everyone exiting the game hopefully if there is amenities to stay for at the ground then not everyone will be trying to get away at the same time.

Just install a couple of zebra crossing or a traffic light controlled crossings on Oxford road and reduce the speed limit to 20mph.

Not everyone is going to be entering the game at the same time like they don't currently at the Kassam. As for everyone exiting the game hopefully if there is amenities to stay for at the ground then not everyone will be trying to get away at the same time.
I agree before the game I don't think it needs to be closed just at the end of the game your going to get 10k all leaving at the same time

You also make the stadium somewhere people want to be for longer. That way the arrival and departure times are spread out. I can't find the stats I read at some point this year, but at the new Spurs ground the average time people spend there is longer because there are nice bars and places to eat.

I don't think the road would need to be closed for long at all, maybe only 15-20 mins after a match, to allow the majority to walk back to the Parkway.
As others have said, I'd leave it open before the match towards Kidlington, and only allow access to the Parkway, and with a 5mph limit from the North.
Buses would be going to the Parkway anyway dropping off fans utilising Public Transport. :)

Traffic on the London Rd in Headington used to be stopped after a match to allow crowds to disperse.

Requirements set out for OCC to achieve.

And of course the sub plot is ol’ Middleton who in full Partridge style goes ‘needless to say I had the last laugh’ by making it all about him again.

Attachments

• IMG_4904.jpeg
    IMG_4904.jpeg
    489.8 KB · Views: 110
just back from the exhibition- decent ..... albeit the floor plan drawing ( 4 levels) even as A3 isn't an easy read/ or easy to follow, that could fo with being much bigger

Requirements set out for OCC to achieve.

And of course the sub plot is ol’ Middleton who in full Partridge style goes ‘needless to say I had the last laugh’ by making it all about him again.
Chester V reminds me of the breeze Block toilets - full ofshit

Back
Top Bottom