Home Match Day Thread PJ Trophy: OUFC v Tottenham Hotspur U21

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the 13,040 who attended to see the mighty Us defeat The Toon 2-1. 83-86 was a special time for us older Us fans.
My first 5 games were Newcastle, Leeds, Man U x2 and Everton. It wasn't until the end of Feb '84 until I saw my first league game against Bournemouth. And I didn't see Oxford lose for the first 2 years!!!

Special times indeed!

For comparison.................. 38 years ago....
248511592_1030419277720872_1530706640339205547_n.jpg
I was in the Right Side LRT for that, what a game and atmosphere. First time I was allowed into the LRT by dad.

For those of us who went to those games at the Manor I don’t think the atmosphere will ever be reciprocated

Even vSwindon at Grenoble Road it isn’t the same. Let’s hope if we do get a new stadium all stands are really close to the pitch and the sound reverberates throughout the ground.

For those of us who went to those games at the Manor I don’t think the atmosphere will ever be reciprocated

Even vSwindon at Grenoble Road it isn’t the same. Let’s hope if we do get a new stadium all stands are really close to the pitch and the sound reverberates throughout the ground.
low roof's on each of them would help with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom