Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it a bit odd that people are ok with Henry being here as he is good around the place (a reason why Mackie was here) even if he doesn't play much but Murphy, who is on the same wage as Henry, is a high earner and is waste of a wage as he doesn't play.

The sooner we can move on/run down some of the contracts of these players the better.

Murphy has a choice, he either knuckles down and fights for his place or he doesn't and he finds himself out of the squad and then struggling to find another half decent contract next summer.

I find it a bit odd that people are ok with Henry being here as he is good around the place (a reason why Mackie was here) even if he doesn't play much but Murphy, who is on the same wage as Henry, is a high earner and is waste of a wage as he doesn't play.

The sooner we can move on/run down some of the contracts of these players the better.

Murphy has a choice, he either knuckles down and fights for his place or he doesn't and he finds himself out of the squad and then struggling to find another half decent contract next summer.

If we can find a suitor for Henry then he should be moved on, too. It will be difficult to do that while he continues to suffer with ongoing niggly injuries, though.

I think the difference between the two you have referenced is that JH has been a model professional and his output for the football club speaks for itself via his apps and goals.

By definition, the fan base will afford him more grace than Murphy, who, for 4/5’s of last season failed to make any impact when arguably, we needed it most.

Weirdly, it's still not entirely incompatible for it to be true that Henry's useful as a training-room mentor and that Manning wants to free up his wage so he can strengthen the team on the pitch.

Jesus, such drama queens.

We know we are going to struggle to off load Murphy the directors have been amazing to back the manager with incoming players and I still think we have more to come in. Thankyou the board hopefully more of the same on the pitch .
Exactly this, I think they finally realise what a disaster KR’s last two years were and have still backed LM as much as possible. Personally I think it will be next summer until we see the changes LM would really like.

Exactly this, I think they finally realise what a disaster KR’s last two years were and have still backed LM as much as possible. Personally I think it will be next summer until we see the changes LM would really like.

It's taken long enough.

21st July 2022, Grant Ferguson joins the board. "I have been around the club for some time now, working behind the scenes, getting to know people and seeing how it works. I am really impressed with the foundations that are in place and confident about the potential of the club. I am now looking forward to catching up with supporter groups and meeting fans at matches and events over the coming weeks.", says the soon-to-be Chairman.

Early-Mid 2023 Grant says that he will take responsibility for what happens at the club from now on, implying that the chairman was not responsible for the previous (nearly full) year.

A year sleeping at the wheel letting a monomaniac spunk a fortune on crocks and shirk training or planning is why we're in this state. The man would have been a catastrophic failure if he hadn't been jolted out of his slumber to fire Robinson.

This is why Manning won't be able to fix the playing side. Lest we forget.

And no Fans Forum.

Grant Ferguson has a long road and plenty work ahead of him to earn the customers' trust.

It's taken long enough.

21st July 2022, Grant Ferguson joins the board. "I have been around the club for some time now, working behind the scenes, getting to know people and seeing how it works. I am really impressed with the foundations that are in place and confident about the potential of the club. I am now looking forward to catching up with supporter groups and meeting fans at matches and events over the coming weeks.", says the soon-to-be Chairman.

Early-Mid 2023 Grant says that he will take responsibility for what happens at the club from now on, implying that the chairman was not responsible for the previous (nearly full) year.

A year sleeping at the wheel letting a monomaniac spunk a fortune on crocks and shirk training or planning is why we're in this state. The man would have been a catastrophic failure if he hadn't been jolted out of his slumber to fire Robinson.

This is why Manning won't be able to fix the playing side. Lest we forget.

And no Fans Forum.

Grant Ferguson has a long road and plenty work ahead of him to earn the customers' trust.
Sorry Grant, I don't care how good/impressive the foundations are. If you build a pile of shite on top of those foundations, it's still a pile of shite.

I think there's one reason, and one reason only that Murphy is still here - and that's because noone else will take him; he's on a massive wage and hasn't done anything meaningful on a football field on a regular basis for four years now......unless we pay off most of his wages, no other club will be dumb enough.

So there's no way that Manning can get rid of him until next summer; doesn't mean he has to play him much, though, if there are other players in the building that have talent and are doing a better job of buying into his system (and there would seem to be).

We're bound to have an injury crisis on the wings at some point this season, and Murphy may get some game time then. But I'm expecting a very similar season to last year from him......a dozen or so starts, a dozen or so sub appearances, most of them pretty ineffectual but about a game and a half where he's outstandingly the best player on the pitch and has us all dreaming of what might have been (and someone on here will suggest resigning him to howls of derision from everyone sane!)
"While he's here"

Very telling...

I think there was another interview where Manning said 'while WE are (or are all) here' ...... which I took as him and his coaching staff ??? I think it maybe just a phrase he uses without it meaning quite as literally and temporary as it sounds.

I think that Manning has been backed really well ( will be 10 new players and 3 backroom.staff)
I would imagine that every manager walking into a new club takes a year to get all of their own preferred players in.
And even then, some of the players they themselves sign may not have worked out.

I suppose it's about seniority and what they can offer with their experience. Whilst Henry's peak years are probably past him now, when he comes on a plays you know he'll be 100% committed to the cause and use his experience to help with the game management side of things whilst also still chipping in with a goal or assist every now and again. In addition to this, you can never discount the benefit that having older players in the squad can have on the younger players. The likes of Goodrham, Mills and Woltman would all benefit from Henry being in the squad to learn from in terms of playing football but also being a model professional. Henry's also on slightly less than Murphy so that helps a bit too.

With Murphy it's a different sort of prospect as he's a bit younger and you want him focusing on getting himself in the best shape and best form, you're looking for him to have the impact on the pitch much more than off it.

Yup…it’s not rocket science, is it?

Murphy is not in serious contention for a starting spot, despite a reasonable end to last season (by the standards he’d set for the 35ish games before that) and despite there not having been that many reinforcements in his position over the summer.

Manning doesn’t fancy him and based on the last 4 years of Murphy’s career, it’s hard to build a case whereby the player himself really cares enough to fulfil his obvious potential, either.

We will most definitely cut our losses as soon as a club expresses an interest in Murphy.

Or is it clever management by Manning ? One of those kick up the backside, home truths, that some players need. It wouldn't be the first time a player, seemingly not in a managers plans, turns his career around. Mills hasn't shone yet, Goodrham in and out and Browne never too far away from an injury, Murphy maybe only a cameo appearance away from resurrecting his Oxford career - if he gets a chance.

We can't knock our board absolutely first class clubs have restrictions and they are doing above and beyond I really do feel we will get it right Hopefully this season but certainly in the future.

Yanic by mutual consent 😢
Hopefully this means there's a club lined up meaning we didn't have to fork out his remaining wages in one lump sum, and also that now the space is freed up a new body is imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom