Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shrewsbury fan I know said Fleetwood looked utterly toothless up front at the weekend. Marriott was playing, so a little worrying? (Then again they were down to ten for around half the time he was on the pitch, so maybe can't be accurately judged,)

Shrewsbury fan I know said Fleetwood looked utterly toothless up front at the weekend. Marriott was playing, so a little worrying? (Then again they were down to ten for around half the time he was on the pitch, so maybe can't be accurately judged,)
Would actually like us to look at Udoh from Shrewsbury to be fair, seems to be a pretty decent forward, but I'm not sure how he plays

Sounds like us last season when we were giving Taylor zero service.

Tough one for Fleetwood isn’t it. Racked up £25m of losses, owed to other companies in their owner’s empire and now he’s in prison.

Half a million isn’t really going to impact anything for them, staying in L1 may well.

Given what has gone with the owner there, in prison for the next 5/6 years, I don’t think staying in league one will help them much either, the shot is going to hit the fan there eventually.

Nothing itk, but I wonder if we might be in for Slobodan Tedic from Man City. A target man but much more mobile than Cosgrove who had a decent loan at Barnsley last season. Would offer something a bit different to what we have and is a good age. Can't see any issue getting him out of City.
Was a player I wanted us to go for at the start of the window, offers something very different to what we have and at a good age if we could get him.

Still surprised we haven't been linked with Jonathan Leko or Mo Eisa this window, they definitely seem like signings Manning would make and are from MK
Both have started the season well, I would assume Eisa would be more likely as Leko arrived at MK after Manning left I believe.

Would actually like us to look at Udoh from Shrewsbury to be fair, seems to be a pretty decent forward, but I'm not sure how he plays
He was looking great a year ago before suffering a serious knee injury not seen anything of him since then although he did score this weekend didn’t he?

Think Marriott would be a great signing. Big fee but one that could pay off. Harris can play outwide if need and I think Perkins can play anywhere across the front 3 or in the 10. Will be amazing rotation. Likes of Plymouth and Ipswich who went up last season had players on the bench that could easily get into the first team. We haven’t had that. So it’s really good to have this depth. Front 4 of Goodrham Rodrigues Bodin Harris. Players will need rest. Wonder if Murphy will be moved on. Got likes of Mills Marriott Perkins Mceachran Brown Long on the bench. Any of those could easily get into our starting 11. Odonkor loan until Jan would be good to get him some goals. Even though his hold up play has been fantastic in late stages of games.

I would love to see us try and get Freddie lapado from Ipswich he would score a bucket load in this team, could be the difference between promotion or coming close?

Given what has gone with the owner there, in prison for the next 5/6 years, I don’t think staying in league one will help them much either, the shot is going to hit the fan there eventually.
I mean it can’t carry on as it is… but the football club hasn’t done anything wrong, believe it owns its stadium, debts dependent on what happens to its lenders. I’ve seen clubs come through worse.

A lot easier to keep players than to find them though, and can’t see how in their current situation they could end up with a better XI by selling Marriott and spending £500k. Hence I think it’s a really difficult deal to do, so fair play to the club if they manage to get it done, regardless of whether it represents value.

As of 24 hours ago the Marriott deal was off. The club sent people up to Fleetwood late last week and made an improved offer and were emphatically told he's not for sale. Perkins was signed instead. Personally I think Fleetwood are trying to call our bluff and they'll come back to us at the last minute on Thursday or Friday, but for now the club have no intention of offering more for him. The player wants to come though and is very much being forced to stay rather than wanting to.

As of 24 hours ago the Marriott deal was off. The club sent people up to Fleetwood late last week and made an improved offer and were emphatically told he's not for sale. Perkins was signed instead. Personally I think Fleetwood are trying to call our bluff and they'll come back to us at the last minute on Thursday or Friday, but for now the club have no intention of offering more for him. The player wants to come though and is very much being forced to stay rather than wanting to.
Do you have a source, or is it guesswork, out of interest?

No good to us on Friday. All fax machines will be turned off on Thursday Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom