Away Match Day Thread 01/01/24: L1 - Charlton Athletic v OUFC

Who was the MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to be careful what we type, because anything against the local lad is frowned upon.

I personally think he’s out of his depth. This is the weakest Lge 1 has been for along time, and we are spunking away a golden opportunity game by game. I don’t think Des is up to it.
Type it again, see if we get another one! :LOL:

It doesn’t.

It needs some or all of the seven currently unavailable players back plus some reinforcements. We knew what they needed to be at the start of the season.

The blind panic people resort to when we go through a rough patch is astounding. That rough patch is entirely down to injuries. Add the likes of Leigh, Edwards and Long into the squad and it looks competitive again.

As long as this stays 1-0, we have a chance. A second and we’re toast, I think.

EDIT. Equaliser. Yeasssssssssss.
We are still lightweight. I’d agree Leigh and Long would make it a different side. Our worry is that Mills and Beadle might not stay around. Harris deserves his goal for sheer hard work

We are still lightweight. I’d agree Leigh and Long would make it a different side. Our worry is that Mills and Beadle might not stay around. Harris deserves his goal for sheer hard work

That’s not a rebuild though, is it? It’s additions and tweaks.

Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water. There’s plenty to work with here and it needs supplements and returnees, not wholesale changes.

I've seen nothing to suggest that Mills will be off this month either from rumours, media reports or his League One performances. It feels like the fear of losing loan players is something worried about too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom