Away Match Build Up 02/04/2022 L1: Plymouth Argyle v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
After yesterdays results, this game is the definition of must win with Sunderland playing Gillingham and Wednesday playing AFCW. Anything less than 3 points looks like we'll drop out of the playoffs.

In my opinion, Plymouth were the best team I have seen us play this season so will be a really tough one. But if we are to be worthy of promotion we have to show that we can beat the best teams, and win under pressure.
Could prove to be season defining to an extent, considering the way other teams are playing. Really is a must win.

Could prove to be season defining to an extent, considering the way other teams are playing. Really is a must win.
It really isn't, going to a extremely good side away from home ...jeez yes other clubs can catch us but then we have to play Sunderland at home which will be massive .
A draw would be a great result .
Are we out of the play offs season finished if we don't win ?
Plenty more twists and turns before the season finishes .

Get a point on Saturday will.be happy with that
Get 3 points away at morcambe that will be good
Get a point or 3 against Sunderland and happy days
That should give us 5-7 points

Gillingham haven't been the pushovers they were when we went there since the new manager came in. Ipswich only managed to beat them 1-0, and they drew 0-0 with Wednesday, as well as wins at home to Cambridge and away to Lincoln and Accrington, the latter two fixtures we lost 2-0! I definitely would not rule out them taking points off Sunderland.

For us it's definitely a must not lose. I think 11 points needs to be our target to get us to 80, which means 3 wins and 2 draws. I reckon we'll get the 3 wins against Morecambe, Fleetwood and Doncaster, so anything we can get from the other 4 games is a result. Personally think we'll win 4, but I'll happily take a draw from this one to keep us above Sunderland.

Im optimistically confident that the mighty U's will get 5 wins and 2 draws and go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders

Starting with a narrow but welcome away win on Saturday

May not be a must win, but will certainly mean one is further down the line.

Get a point on Saturday will.be happy with that
Get 3 points away at morcambe that will be good
Get a point or 3 against Sunderland and happy days
That should give us 5-7 points
The way other teams are winning for fun I cant see that quite being enough.

We seem to be doing better than most.
In the past 6 games, Wycombe and Wednesday have 11 points, Sunderland 12 and we have 13.
We are 3rd in the form table.
I know, I was just thinking back to the games when we lost form and points were lost and the difference they could have made.

Throughout a season there are always games we should have won, but equally plenty where we got out of jail.

At the beginning of the season (as always) we lost points to the likes of Wimbledon, Gillingham, Cheltenham and others where we would have expected more. But since then we snatched wins against the likes of Sheff Wed, Pompey, Shrewsbury and the draw against Ipswich when we could have come back empty handed.

There's little point in looking at individual games and asking "what if". You run it out over 46 games and see where that leaves us. And the fact that we're currently 5th overall and 3rd in the form table suggests that we're not doing too bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom