Home Match Day Thread 05/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good score for Doncaster. I forecasted Middlesbrough, Kidderminster and Doncaster wins. Not looking too far wrong.
Hoping for Lincoln too

Bit worried about the ref pompey are throwing themselves down

Ref is doing a great job .

I don’t often.l criticize other teams but pompeys behavior is appalling . Cowardly following through on people rather than brave tough tackling, cheating to try and get someone sent off, and quite frankly I’m embarrassed for them.

Not angry. Not annoyed. Just embarrassed for them

Difference between Madley + lower quality refs - one has the B*****s to give 4 penalties, the other bottles a clear second red. Don't think the first was a red, but shouldn't feel the pressure to "level it out".

Hmmmmm.......don't know what to say about that one really.

Pompey playing like a bunch of hatchet men, although I reckon the sending off was probably the third worst foul they committed in the half.
No way that's a red unless the ref had reason to believe that the player was genuinely trying to injure - was a little tough to see the challenge properly on iFollow as Cam was obscuring the camera. But the Hirst one almost certainly was a red.....though you almost never get that when they are already down to ten in the first half.

Otherwise, we'll get the breakthrough if we keep on probing as we have been. Pompey have been on the raggedy edge.
Seddon and Williams have so much space the way that Pompey are defending - need just a little more quality from them.

BUT - we've got to defend properly because we also gave up a sitter of a chance.
The goal was poor as well. Brown (who's otherwise been pretty impressive) lost the aerial challenge, then two defenders both went to Curtis meaning he could take them both out with a flick. Smacked a little of not enough familiarity with the system........

Difference between Madley + lower quality refs - one has the B*****s to give 4 penalties, the other bottles a clear second red. Don't think the first was a red, but shouldn't feel the pressure to "level it out".
Don’t think the second was a red. The guy follows through but not with an elbow. Yellow for me.

Something going on in the south stand stewards at a sprint from the north stand to the south stand. Another steward looked like he was chasing someone who ran down the tunnel.

From the East Stand I thought he got their red card miles wrong. Happy to be proven otherwise on that.

But it was TERRIBLE refereeing not to send their CF off for that elbow on Moore (in my opinion) and their conduct since then has been appalling. Curtis is quite embarrassing to watch. The whole team is letting their decent away support down

On the pitch we’ve done ok. You can only do so much when the team standing across from you isn’t interested in anything other than dirty fouls, constant time wasting, keeping the ball out of play and trying to get our players sent off.

If we can keep the ball in play for longer periods and actually put some concerted pressure on them (and keep all our players on the pitch) I think we win this comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom