Home Match Day Thread 05/03/2022 L1: OUFC v Burton Albion

Great win!

As good a first half performance as i've ever seen, we looked like we were gonna score every time we went forward!

This new formation really suits us, and has to be the way forward for us now.

What a great find Baldock has been, took his goals brilliantly, and we look so much more dangerous with him playing up front alongside Taylor, who was also excellent, scoring a superb goal, and using the ball really well.

Last week, I commented that I thought Whyte didn't really contribute much when played centrally, well consider me well and truly corrected, he was superb today, and scored a cracking goal! Well done Gav👏

Special mention for Luke McNally, what a player, both defensively and going forward, an absolute beast!

Another special mention for Mark Sykes, he's become an integral and indispensable member of the first team, superb use of the ball, and has taken to his new defensive responsibilities like a duck to water. The board really need to push the boat out to keep him. Well done Sykesy👏

Another massive 3 points, and an excellent response to the disappointment of midweek.

Well done Robbo and the lads👏👏

Last edited:
Luke McNally was the best winger on the park with his runs and Sam Baldock was unplayable!! Brilliant

Shame we couldn’t have reversed the performances. Today’s performance would have beaten Pompey and, seeing Burton today, our tepid showing on Tuesday would likely have been enough for three points today.

Great response though and first half was a joy to watch.

Burton well and truly rubbish, but we won because we were amazing. Baldock looked like scoring every time he was on the ball, McNally won every header he went for and had some phenomenal runs as well, Whyte finally got a goal, that’s 10 assists now too, just brill!

Luke McNally was the best winger on the park with his runs and Sam Baldock was unplayable!! Brilliant

He was ridiculously good today. We haven’t really had too many footballing centre backs I can think of and to find three outstanding ones - from Reading reserves, Eastleigh and the Irish League -in the space of three or four years speaks volumes for our recruitment. Can’t wait for the next one !

Burton were awful in the first half I can't think of a worse team to play at the kassam this season 2nd half they improved abit but we had already won so we kind of just sat on what we had great first half display from us
Also good that CB and MT have passed the 37 game so there 9 yellow don't matter so.much now

FNGkNclXIAAqUJ9

Just got back. Another brilliant home performance. Played them off the park for 45 mins, professional performance 2nd Half. McNally, Sykes and Baldock the standout performers, but every player put a decent performance in. Nice to see gav get the goal he deserved. Let’s hope Baldock injury is not a bad one and just a precaution. Not sure how winnall missed in the 2nd half. COYY. Massive win.

Extraordinary first half, rather flat second. Some great performances and some ordinary. What matters is, a win, 3 points and +3 goal difference.
Now sitting at home, in the warm with a glass of fizz and a curry for later! Happy days.

He was ridiculously good today. We haven’t really had too many footballing centre backs I can think of and to find three outstanding ones - from Reading reserves, Eastleigh and the Irish League -in the space of three or four years speaks volumes for our recruitment. Can’t wait for the next one !
Imagine those three in a back three for us!?

You chose poorly!

First half was an epic performance (up until injury time at least). Second half was a bit of a non-event as a result!

McNally was utterly brilliant. Now I'm wondering who's the next centre half we have lined up. Because our scouting network just seems to be able to dig up a rolling succession of outstanding prospects.
Don’t underestimate brown

Back
Top Bottom