Home Match Day Thread 05/03/2022 L1: OUFC v Burton Albion

Its always been really difficult to predict a KR team and now he has some new formations to play with its virtualy impossible.

So, i`m going 4-3-3 which in reality is a kind of 2-3-2-3 with Baldock to start and Taylor on the bench ( Looks like he could use a rest ).

If he starts with a diamond i might watch this from behind the sofa.
Blimey, what part of the stadium are you sitting in that has sofas?!?

Covid finally got me this week after 2 years of dodging it, and it's got me bad. So I'm missing this one today. Just a comfortable 2-0 will be nice, don't want the heart rate too high today really. Win our home games and we should reach the play offs.

4 wins and a couple of draws could be enough. 5 wins almost certainly enough.
Agreed - there’s no way it’ll be 80+!! Realistically 4 wins and a couple of draws should do it.

10 games left, 5 against promotion contenders, 4 or 5 wins needed. Next couple of games look big in that context.

Agreed - there’s no way it’ll be 80+!! Realistically 4 wins and a couple of draws should do it.

10 games left, 5 against promotion contenders, 4 or 5 wins needed. Next couple of games look big in that context.
I'll feel comfortable if we can hit 77 which is 5 wins, but on balance 4 wins and 1 draw SHOULD be enough - especially given that none of us, Sunderland, Wycombe or Plymouth have been consistent the last several games. It would be incredibly unlucky if we/anyone missed out on playoffs with 75 points given that's been enough for over a decade for Playoffs. Absolutely zero chance 80 points will be required, and I think only the top 3, maybe 4 will have higher than 80.

Like the idea of Kane playing further forward but it highlights the lack of defensive options in the squad which I fear will cost us come the end of the season.

As everyone else around us has games in hand let's hope some of the other results go our way which they certainly didn't midweek.

Big game, hopefully we can out score them as we'll probably concede twice at least.

Got the team prediction spot on in the build up thread- which is surprising because I was certain there'd be no Sykes 😂

Yeah, it’s a decent way to make the most of our resources and get all our currently best players in. I feel a bit nostalgic for the old one up, loads of wingers approach but this is a good formation

Covid finally got me this week after 2 years of dodging it, and it's got me bad. So I'm missing this one today. Just a comfortable 2-0 will be nice, don't want the heart rate too high today really. Win our home games and we should reach the play offs.
Me too. Hope you feel better soon. Isolation period ends to allow me to go to Gay Meadow

Like the idea of Kane playing further forward but it highlights the lack of defensive options in the squad which I fear will cost us come the end of the season.

As everyone else around us has games in hand let's hope some of the other results go our way which they certainly didn't midweek.

Big game, hopefully we can out score them as we'll probably concede twice at least.
Lack of defensive options, and inconsistency could be the drawback in the push for the play offs, making this a must really win today and potentially next week, especially baring in mind the number of teams that have games in hand. Also, Browne out for the season all bar a couple of weeks at the end of April.

We should though have more than enough in the tank for a comfortable win today, to keep the pressure on.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Not going to be around for the end of this game. Getting to go out with the family to celebrate my birthday.
Today is not my birthday, that was last Saturday and I was in Belgium. Did get a lovely present from OUFC though, a 4-2 win. Same today would be great.

Back
Top Bottom