Home Match Day Thread 09/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling nervous now, hoping the lads will do the business today and keep our season alive. Our boys will need all the help they can get today. For me nervous energy means vocal support from me and hopefully the same thing happens to others and we can generate a decent atmosphere and positive support.

Hopefully the bloke who leads the Jim Smith/In a town/yellow submarine and 'give us an O' will be there today to lead a few renditions of those.

Let's hope we can send the counterfeit geordies back to the far north pointless. ๐Ÿ™

Last edited:
Feeling nervous now, hoping the lads will do the business today and keep our season alive. Our boys will need all the help they can get today. For me nervous energy means vital support from me and hopefully the same thing happens to others and we can generate a decent atmosphere and positive support.

Hopefully the bloke who leads the Jim Smith/In a town/yellow submarine and 'give us an O' will be there today to lead a few renditions of those.

Let's hope we can send the counterfeit geordies back to the far north pointless. ๐Ÿ™
What do you mean by this?

Season defining game anything other than a win league 1 for us again. Personally I think it will be 1:0 to the black cats late winner to break our hearts. Still live in hope though COYY

A draw is no good for either side, so should be a very open game, with lot's of attacking football.

We need to field a strong side today, with a strong defence, and take control of the game.

Take the game by the scruff of the neck, take no prisoners, and TAKE OUR CHANCES!!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

We can't knock anybody everybody associated with our club have been amazing for along time now .Let's win this for them let's take it to the last few games last hours last few minutes last few second gosh this is exciting .

Car knackered, so it will be iFollow for me today and at least 1 empty seat in the stadium. Still got my lucky socks on but not sure they'll work from 50 miles away...

3 wins and 2 draws, or 4 wins and a defeat will likely be enough, so in theory this isn't a must win game - but it feels like it.

We need to get ourselves back on track and a win today and against Fleetwood will erase the damage of this last week.

It's obvious, but we must take our chances and not make mistakes at the back. 95% of what we do is excellent, the 5% at the key moments in either box will be the difference.

I think that we'll see a rare clean sheet from Oxford and goals from Taylor and Sykes to see us through.

3 wins and 2 draws, or 4 wins and a defeat will likely be enough, so in theory this isn't a must win game - but it feels like it.

We need to get ourselves back on track and a win today and against Fleetwood will erase the damage of this last week.

It's obvious, but we must take our chances and not make mistakes at the back. 95% of what we do is excellent, the 5% at the key moments in either box will be the difference.

I think that we'll see a rare clean sheet from Oxford and goals from Taylor and Sykes to see us through.
Confiscated some good stuff this week, have we? :LOL:

Today's the day we measure ourselves against one of the best in our league and we're not even playing a team in the top 6. I think I can write Nick Harris' script for him ... pivotal.
Just put the chances away lads and we can go on and claim one of the play-off places.
COYY

A sell out today letโ€™s hear the roar from the yellows.
Letโ€™s go for the Sunderland jugular and get the three points.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Feeling strangely positive about today. Let's get 2 early goals this time! I think a late goal from Sunderland will keep us on the edge of our seats. 2-1 COYY!

One nil down at half-time, concede a second just after the hour. 8,000 people leave, some throwing season tickets on the pitch as they go thus missing three goals and two red cards in the last eight minutes, culminating in a stoppage time winner from Sam Winall.

Off to William Hill now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom