Home Match Day Thread 11/9/2021 L1: OUFC V Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing that the game has come a little too soon for Sam Long who won't be risked. So I think that leaves us with 9 players picking themselves and a choice between Gorrin or Kane as the deep playing midfielder, and Taylor or Winnall (sorry Dan fans) upfront.

I think it's most likely to be;

Stevens
Forde Moore Thorniley Seddon
Henry Gorrin Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Whyte

And I think that team has more than enough to win this game. I'll go for 2 nil, Whyte and Taylor.
Do you really think Winnall is a starting possibility, and that he offers more than Agyei at centre forward?

I think you must be trying to wind some people up... or else you really do follow the party line no matter what.

Do you really think Winnall is a starting possibility, and that he offers more than Agyei at centre forward?

I think you must be trying to wind some people up... or else you really do follow the party line no matter what.
No, I actually think that Winnall offers more to the wider game. Dan is great in burst but goes missing.

But my opinion is just that and I can't be arsed to get into pages and pages of the same comments so I'll leave it at that.

Here come whycome.
Expect them to time waste the s**t out of the second half unless they are losing.
Let’s not forget the screaming and rolling around doing the dying fly to buy any set piece anywhere in our half.
You heard it here first (or perhaps not)!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

In fairness based off both their last couple of performances they've both been poor. Winnall offers more as a starter I'd say against someone like Wycombe, knock downs, hold up play, big lad, for me Agyei is always too keen to do the damage himself and save the odd screamer he very rarely actually succeeds.

Stevens
Forde Moore Thorniley Seddon
Henry Gorrin Brannagan
Williams (is he fit?) Winnall Whyte

and bring Taylor on, like against Charlton.

(And I'm by no means a Winnall loving Agyei hater - or should I say agitator?)

Will there be a minute's silence for the thousands that died on 9/11 today?

Bit worried that Sam Long still isn't back. Injury must have been more serious than the club let on. Concerning.

Arguably the worst possible game for us at the moment. After last week's dead ball debacle, Wycombe are the absolute last team you want to be playing. Still, there's probably a silver lining to that: win this and we answer a lot of the questions that have been posed of the squad over the last week. Would also point to our home form being a real feather in our cap (which we'll need if we keep up our suspect form on the road!).

Gonna go 2-1 Wycome though, unfortunately. Just can't see us matching them physically.

Hopefully not. Not being callous, but football isn't the place to be marking anniversaries of international tragedies. There has been enough in the media about it today, everyone is aware.
Well they are having a minute silence at Crystal Palace vs Spurs

I hate to say it but considering Wycombe were in the championship last season, they are probably the bigger club (currently) and favourites to win this. However, our home record is great and I think we've been unlucky so far, so I think we will win it. Don't be surprised to see a new look tiki-taka Wycombe side. Gone are the days of the long ball.

But 67 British citizens died, that makes it more poignant. Will the EFL see it as important as other events/causes remembered at the start of games?

If Wycombe come to the kassam and try playing football on the ground that would be suicidal for them if that happens we could get 3or4 goals

But 67 British citizens died, that makes it more poignant. Will the EFL see it as important as other events/causes remembered at the start of games?
Yes, but we didn't have a moments silence for Lockerbie, which was just as shocking, or for Dunblane, and others.

I think the world was a different place then. I think there were many games that did have a minutes silence for those events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom