Home Match Day Thread 11/9/2021 L1: OUFC V Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
But 67 British citizens died, that makes it more poignant. Will the EFL see it as important as other events/causes remembered at the start of games?
I always find it strange that the attitude is a tragedy is worse if other britons were involved. I know emotionally it feels closer and more real but it shouldn't be that we then mark it because of that. I dunno, feels quite crass that those 67 are what makes it matter to us rather than the thousands of others.

Also, maybe this forum is a bad place to have this discussion and we should stick to reminiscing about Jack Midson

Here come whycome.
Expect them to time waste the s**t out of the second half unless they are losing.
Let’s not forget the screaming and rolling around doing the dying fly to buy any set piece anywhere in our half.
You heard it here first (or perhaps not)!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Two years ago (or 3?) their goalie got booked for time wasting in the first half AND that was when they were losing!!

Taking the knee is discussed, as many games will have a minutes silence, I have been led to believe, as did Palace Spurs, I can't think of a bigger event that needs commemorating, especially for those of us that lost family.
The day commemorates the thousands killed you are right, not just the 67.

I hate to say it but considering Wycombe were in the championship last season, they are probably the bigger club (currently) and favourites to win this. However, our home record is great and I think we've been unlucky so far, so I think we will win it. Don't be surprised to see a new look tiki-taka Wycombe side. Gone are the days of the long ball.
how the f**k does 1 season in the championship in their history make them bigger!? it could make them better(currently) but they will never be bigger.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but considering Wycombe were in the championship last season, they are probably the bigger club (currently) and favourites to win this. However, our home record is great and I think we've been unlucky so far, so I think we will win it. Don't be surprised to see a new look tiki-taka Wycombe side. Gone are the days of the long ball.
So according to your logic Sunderland are not bigger than Accrington because they’re currently in the same league or Sheffield Wednesday are no bigger than morcambe

Moore could be a big miss in the back 4 perhaps Cam should be captain as he leads by example and is vocal

Back twinges know how he feels..did mine in cleaning the stairs (serves me right I know). The knock to SW hinted at midweek also.

Anyone able to buy a match pass yet? Option not showing for me.

Failed late fitness test on his back by all accounts.

And no Mousinho on the bench, leaving Sam Long as cover for four defensive positions.

Well if anyone can cover four positions at once...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom