Votes: 54 74.0%
  • Blackpool

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spat tea all over my screen. Hall's only position is left-back as everyone on here knows. In the changing rooms.

Now, I expect Blackpool will have 6 players sitting fairly deep to deny us space on the wings (they will if they watched the calamity that was Doncaster's effort at defence).

Three, of the back 4 pick themselves. I would give Hanson the start ahead of Forde, Hanson's a more natural defender and harder to get turned round at full-back. I'd give Stevens another chance in goal despite some of the comments on here.

The marvel that is Gorrin needs to play the holding defender role with Kelly* just in front of him and Brannagan more forward than Kelly. I don't think for one moment we'll get away with 2 wingers so the front three need to be Taylor/Agyei with Branwell Bronte (never can remember the bloke's name)/Shodipo out wide and Elliott playing close to the centre forward on the other side (poised to chase the ball to the other wing).

The assiduous reader will detect that there's a midfielder missing. I like Forde and he seldom disappoints, I like Sykes and he frequently does. Both of them are very right-side players, so I guess Brannagan will go left-side with Bertram Barker/Shodipo and the question becomes which of Forde or Sykes is more likely to help Hanson out and get crosses to Taylor/Agyei or interchange with Elliott? With Taylor on I wonder if Sykes' energy and pace will see him more likely to play round the defence? Forde should get early balls in better but he doesn't exactly bomb into the box on that right side, I think.

So there we have it: a replacement wing substitution for when Barnacle runs out of steam, and changes of approach for Taylor/Agyei and Sykes/Forde. Eastwood, Defender, Chambers-P and somebody else but not Hall on the bench.

If we do this we will win by at least 1 goal. Or draw.

* Even against Doncaster Kelly managed to play half his forward passes to the opposition or to nobody but part of that was because he was ambitious. Also, he was pretty good at challenging for the ball; I suppose tall players don't see him coming.
I think i got this right but correct me if i`m wrong.
In your scenario 2 of our 3 midfielders are going to have to go the full 90, it could happen but with the amount of games i really doubt it, so with that
in mind i guess your 5th sub would be C-P in a midfield with Sykes and 1 of Gorrin/Branagan ? Apart from the probability that Hall will be on the bench
and C-P wont be that midfield looks a bit weak imo, another alternative might be Grayson ( at least he will be on the bench ) and from the little i have seen
( Tranmere ) that option isnt great either. Since Gorrin had a rest when we played Hull i think he is most likely to stay on, so it comes down to either

Gorrin
C-P/Grayson - Sykes
Forde - Agyei - Shodipo
or
Gorrin
Lee - Sykes
Agyei - Winnall - Shodipo

At the end of the day we all have different opinions, for me that first front 3 is fine, probably better than the 2nd option, but where this goes tits is
option ones midfield, that is not a midfield that looks like it can supply much ammo and risks leaving the front 3 chasing for scraps, Lee or Forde
in the center at the end of a game beats C-P or Grayson hands down and thats the clincher for me.

I think i got this right but correct me if i`m wrong.
In your scenario 2 of our 3 midfielders are going to have to go the full 90, it could happen but with the amount of games i really doubt it, so with that
in mind i guess your 5th sub would be C-P in a midfield with Sykes and 1 of Gorrin/Branagan ? Apart from the probability that Hall will be on the bench
and C-P wont be that midfield looks a bit weak imo, another alternative might be Grayson ( at least he will be on the bench ) and from the little i have seen
( Tranmere ) that option isnt great either. Since Gorrin had a rest when we played Hull i think he is most likely to stay on, so it comes down to either

Gorrin
C-P/Grayson - Sykes
Forde - Agyei - Shodipo
or
Gorrin
Lee - Sykes
Agyei - Winnall - Shodipo

At the end of the day we all have different opinions, for me that first front 3 is fine, probably better than the 2nd option, but where this goes tits is
option ones midfield, that is not a midfield that looks like it can supply much ammo and risks leaving the front 3 chasing for scraps, Lee or Forde
in the center at the end of a game beats C-P or Grayson hands down and thats the clincher for me.

You're overthinking this, I fear ;)

Robbo suggesting more rotation, so with games coming thick and fast, and with players still out injured, I'd go with:

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Forde Agyei Barker

SUBS: Taylor, Sykes, Shodipo, Winall, Chambers-Parillon, Grayson, Eastwood

Hanson has been a revelation at RB, and for me, is 1st choice back up to Sam Long in that position now.

Forde will be an important influence further up the pitch, with his calm assuredness on the ball, good delivery, and will track back well to help Hanson.

Taylor was awesome on Tuesday, but Agyei has earned his right to another start, so to keep them both fresh, hungry and in form, rotate them.

As good as Shodipo was on Tuesday, it's been suggested he struggles to play two games a week, so after two games in the space of a few days, I'd give him a rest, then on 55-60min, swap him with Barker, who's also played a lot of minutes by his standards recently

Looking forward to another big game!

ATTACK!! ATTACK!! ATTACK!!
GOALS!!
GOALS!!
GOALS!!

Yea, could be, but one last go....

If we line up

Stevens
Hanson-Moore-Atkinson-Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly - Brannagan
Lee - Taylor - Barker

Can you show me what 5 subs you would make ?

4. Sykes, Agyei, Shodipo, Forde or Chambers depending on who needs replacing.

If we line up

Stevens
Hanson-Moore-Atkinson-Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly - Brannagan
Lee - Taylor - Barker

Can you show me what 5 subs you would make ?
Shodipo for Barker
Sykes for Lee
Chambers-Parillon for Kelly or Brannagan
Agyei or Winnall for Taylor

Grayson leftover who can (so we’re told) play any of centre back, left back and centre midfield. If you really need to use all five subs then he’s there for any of those roles.

And that’s assuming Forde and Henry are both unavailable. If one of them is available then there’s the option to use them off the bench instead of Chambers-Parillon.

4. Sykes, Agyei, Shodipo, Forde or Chambers depending on who needs replacing.

Thanks, still think we will use 5 subs with tues and friday coming up and i still think Gorrin-CP-Sykes looks way weaker than Gorrin-Lee/Forde-Sykes

Anyway, my gut feeling is telling me we will both be way off, trying to predict a KR team at the mo is nearly impossible.

I am now firmly convinced that @Paul Cannell is our next manager in waiting and @RyanioBirdio will be in charge of the player hospitality facility.

Thus, my friends, OUFC will dominate the world.

Mrs Lounger and I will be found residing in our penthouse suite at the new stadium. Cocktails served from 13:00 on match days. (Canapes optional)

I am now firmly convinced that @Paul Cannell is our next manager in waiting and @RyanioBirdio will be in charge of the player hospitality facility.
I was really hoping to be the kit man. Those players simply must get their dirty, filthy kits off ASAP.

Robbo suggesting more rotation, so with games coming thick and fast, and with players still out injured, I'd go with:

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Forde Agyei Barker

SUBS: Taylor, Sykes, Shodipo, Winall, Chambers-Parillon, Grayson, Eastwood

Hanson has been a revelation at RB, and for me, is 1st choice back up to Sam Long in that position now.

Forde will be an important influence further up the pitch, with his calm assuredness on the ball, good delivery, and will track back well to help Hanson.

Taylor was awesome on Tuesday, but Agyei has earned his right to another start, so to keep them both fresh, hungry and in form, rotate them.

As good as Shodipo was on Tuesday, it's been suggested he struggles to play two games a week, so after two games in the space of a few days, I'd give him a rest, then on 55-60min, swap him with Barker, who's also played a lot of minutes by his standards recently

Looking forward to another big game!

ATTACK!! ATTACK!! ATTACK!!
GOALS!!
GOALS!!
GOALS!!
Get out of my brain!! Can’t disagree with a single word of that, or the team

Thus, my friends, OUFC will dominate the world.

Mrs Lounger and I will be found residing in our penthouse suite at the new stadium. Cocktails served from 13:00 on match days. (Canapes optional)
Now that would be WOW appointments but not in a good way 😉😂😂

Shodipo for Barker
Sykes for Lee
Chambers-Parillon for Kelly or Brannagan
Agyei or Winnall for Taylor

Grayson leftover who can (so we’re told) play any of centre back, left back and centre midfield. If you really need to use all five subs then he’s there for any of those roles.

And that’s assuming Forde and Henry are both unavailable. If one of them is available then there’s the option to use them off the bench instead of Chambers-Parillon.
Hi,

Not sure that Chambers-Parillon is even going to be on the bench tbh and even if he is i don`t think there is a reality, and that includes
the one where the dread Dormmamu hangs out in where CP is going to be on the pitch ahead of Winnall if its to protect players from
tiredness.

Think there is a decent chance the next games might go like this
Blackpool Taylor-Winnall
Northampton (Tue) Winnall/Agyei - Agyei/Winnall
Lincoln (Fri) Taylor-Winnall

That makes the most sense to me if we want Taylor fresh for Lincoln, Big Dan will get his chance i just dont see it being
this saturday.

Anyway, like i said to our future manager, trying to predict a KR team is proving impossible, lets see what happens.

Tinkerman KR will change a winning side irrespective of top winning sides keeping a settled team

Oh yes we have a lot of games.
So did Liverpool last year.

Even us fans keep picking different sides for each game. Truly influenced

With Taylor back on form he really will be starting with Dan on as sub and likely starting against Northampton away I'd say ( after another brace for Matty )

Not sure that Chambers-Parillon is even going to be on the bench tbh and even if he is i don`t think there is a reality
He came on in the derby, so I don’t see why him coming on against Blackpool would be overly unlikely. If he’s not even on the bench then it’ll likely be because Forde or Henry is, at which point they would come on instead of him in that scenario. Either way we have the players available to make five subs without anybody needing to be played out of position.

Ultimately I’m just a sexual deviant who has blagged his way into a kit man job, so my opinion matters for very little. Let me know if you ever need any grass stains getting out of your trousers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom