Transfer News 2024 January Window Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very, very out there but Jamie MacLaren from Melbourne City.

This season - 4 goals 1 assist in 6 apps (so far)
Last season - 24 goals 3 assists in 29 apps

Scored at least 15 in the league in each of his last 4 seasons even though he played less than 30 games in each season (due to the structure of the league).

Granted it's in the A-League, but he's put up some serious numbers for a long time now.
I think he’d have quite a price tag. He’s one of the all time top scorers there so even at 30 years old I think you’re looking in to the millions. Transfermarkt not often bang on but has him at £2m market value if that’s any guide.

But… I’d be surprised if we aren’t shopping over there as a number of players with British roots play their football there.

Probably a bit of a silly shout, but Paul Mullin? Seems to be contracted until 2026, so they don’t need to sell, and Wrexham are in a decent position this year (though it is all pretty bunched at the top of League 2). But I’ve started hearing whispers that the Hollywood boys are losing interest in the project - they’re losing a ton of money doing what they’re doing there - and may be looking for a way out. Probably pie in the sky, but could be worth testing their resolve with at least a query. We’d be able to guarantee him first team football and a real shot at the Championship in a few months time, can imagine he’d be tempted on a personal level.
Mullin wouldn't want to move away from Liverpool. One of the biggest reasons for going to Wrexham was moving back to the area he comes from. Obviously a stupidly high wage helps too.

Fosu's a free agent? My goodness, definitely worth a look.

If Fosu is a free agent then we wouldn’t need to wait until January to bring him in.

Fosu was brilliant for us, but does make you wonder with a decent record that he has, why he's currently without a club.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Fosu was brilliant for us, but does make you wonder with a decent record that he has, why he's currently without a club.

Because there is only one club he wants to play for, and up until now we have not been interested.

He was marvellous for us, and if he can re capture that form, then it would be a solid signing, plus he wouldn’t be playing for a clown of a manager.

If he did the question no would have would be was he fully committed to playing for us again

He was committed to us, but insisted on a release clause in his contract. He performed for us, and Brentford met the clause. Nothing in there that says he wasn’t committed. He was terrific for the 6 months he was with us.

Edwards and Browne are such big losses because they are both (Edwards more so) pretty elite ball carriers who can beat a defender 1on1 and penetrate a low block, which is important because the opponents who do that otherwise tend to be the games in which we've come undone. Perhaps I'm misremembering, but from what I recall, Fosu wasn't really that kind of player was he? Would he actually be that beneficial?

Might be a long shot but what about El Ghazi? Free agent right winger.

Also if we want to look at the free agent market then Gary Madine is without a club who I’m sure could still do a job for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom