Home Match Day Thread 26/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Cambridge United

WOW!! What an emotional day that was!

I'm not ashamed to say I was seriously welling up before the game, seeing Joey's daughters laying the flowers behind the goal, and the long applause from all the fans, I've never known such an outpouring of love and appreciation for a player before, and I thank the Cambridge fans for their part in that as well 👏

Then the rage I felt at that scumbag Sam Smith for the way he celebrated his goal, I'll say it again, it doesn't get much lower than that, and if I was his parents, I'd be ashamed to say he was my son. If I was on the pitch, he would've been in serious danger of a career ending injury, pathetic piece of s**t, who was awful when he was here, and I'm so glad that his attempts to ruin the day for us failed, in fact, it only made it all the more sweeter, when we came back and rammed it all back down his throat! Tosser.

Then the ecstasy of the goals, and the amazing feeling of watching the boys refuse to give up, and digging deep to get the win, for Joey. 👏

And finally the amazing and moving moment Robbo brought Joey's daughters onto the pitch at the end to celebrate the win, and share the love and adoration for their dad, had me in tears all over again, a great gesture, from a great bloke, and wonderful fans 👏👏

It's days like these that make me so proud to call myself an Oxford United fan, and I feel blessed to have watched Joey's career playing for the club he loved, and we all love, and feel honoured to have been there today to pay my respects, alongside the thousands of fellow yellows.

From Oxford United, and all us fans, we love you Joey, that win was for you, thanks for the memories, may you rest in peace x

💛

But it was clearly premeditated. Nobody had mentioned his name up to his goal - I’m sure a fair few had no idea he even played for us - so he clearly has a chip on his shoulder about us because he failed here.

Even after the celebration he was still pointing to his name as he approached the centre circle, so it was all pretty calculated.

Not important as you say, but just baffling. As KR alluded to post-game, not the kind of person we want at the club so all for the best that he bombed here.
What did Robbo day about his celebration?

If he felt it appropriate to act in that way at the time, I can’t see why he would be empathetic enough to apologise. Some people are just twats - f**k him.

These words mean so much more coming from an eminently reasonable poster.

Much credit to the East Stand for the muted response to his antics.

What did Robbo day about his celebration?

Mostly a typically Karl stream of words saying very little tbh.

Said it was his right [to celebrate like that] and intimated that we're better off without players of that character.

These words mean so much more coming from an eminently reasonable poster.

Much credit to the East Stand for the muted response to his antics.

Getting that straight on the CV!

But yes, was pleased we moved on from it and kept our heads without letting the actions of one petulant child ruin the bittersweet but heartfelt coming together of fans today.

That had the feeling of a big win today, we needed 9 points from the last 3 games after stumbling before and in various ways we managed to get them. The come from behind aspect made it feel massive.

The football mattered today but it was always going to be about something bigger, I am not an emotional man but the two girls had me welling up. Fair play to the lads who put the display together, it was class and you should be proud of yourselves. Fair play to the club for the way they have handled this, been class as well and they should be proud of themselves.

RIP Joey.

Getting that straight on the CV!

But yes, was pleased we moved on from it and kept our heads without letting the actions of one petulant child ruin the bittersweet but heartfelt coming together of fans today.
The sound groaning sound said it all really. He ought to be ashamed of himself tonight.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Goals are in already.

Three things from that which I didn’t spot live:

1) Baldock deserves an assist for Taylor’s goal, whether he got a touch in the build-up on not. It’s his movement which allows Taylor to ghost in.

2) Stevens will be disappointed with their second. A stronger hand on that and it doesn’t go in.

3) Hadn’t spotted that CB went through the goalie a little for the fourth. Not a foul or dangerous play, but explained when he charitably went and spoke to the keeper after celebrating to make sure everything was alright.

Emotional day. Very fitting tribute to one of the best and one of our own.

Well done OUFC and well done to the team who pulled the right result out. 2 goals from OUFC fans....just like Joey was, and two more from a player who is the epitome of everything we want from an OUFC player....just like Joey was.

Forever remembered, forever a yellow.

#joeybeauchamponthewing

Thought we were pretty poor first half, started second half off well then fell behind. Have to give credit for not dropping our heads though and when the game opened up it suited us and we took advantage, big win on a big day
I think our commitment in the 2nd half showed when Cam scored the 2nd goal he ran and got the ball to get the game restarted and going for the win

• React
Reactions: MJB
Back
Top Bottom