Home Match Build Up 30/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Morecambe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently about 1,200 ahead of the same stage for the Plymouth game and about 600 ahead of the same stage for the Wycombe game, so I'd say we're looking at 8,000/8,200 home fans. Pretty good for unattractive opposition I'd say.
One of the purposes of a reduced price is to encourage new supporters along. So what I would like to see is the supporters have the opportunity of the best possible view to enjoy the experience so they will come back again.
When a further 500 seats have been sold, most of the central areas from row 5 and above, in all stands will nearly be sold. However, with a low turnout from Morecambe (max 400?) then block 26 and 27 seats with best view in the ground will be totally empty.
Therefore I would like to see block 26 opened up to home supporters with block 27 being used for segregation. Block 26 is much better view than from corners of the stand.

The segregation for such a low risk game is over the top, you could easily move the netting another section along at no risk.
It's a shame there has to be any segregation for small away crowds, does it matter if there's a little knot of loud Lancastrians among Oxford fans? I guess there are always enough prats to make it potentially problematic.

1-0 and not the easy game many seem to be expecting. We rarely play well when potential new customers are in attendance.

1-0 and not the easy game many seem to be expecting. We rarely play well when potential new customers are in attendance.
we beat Accrington 5-1 on the 28th September after Bakrie and Co gave a speech in the dressing room before the match :)

I wasn't sure about Cooper, but agree that players should be rewarded for performing well. He deserves a place on the bench.

Morecambe seem to be a decent footballing side who like to press. So hopefully a good game.

They'll be no mugs, although they've tailed off a bit recently.

Agreed. We survived without segregation for Millwall in 1969, at least most of us did 😉.
There was a 'sort' of segregation in the form of one line of Policemen top to bottom in the London Road end.
Most of them ended up on the floor at some point and their helmets thrown all over the place!!

There was a 'sort' of segregation in the form of one line of Policemen top to bottom in the London Road end.
Most of them ended up on the floor at some point and their helmets thrown all over the place!!
Who's that copper with the helmet on
Dibble, Dibble
Dibble is his name
On the beat all day
On the wife all night
Dibble is his name

Happy days

Dibble, Dibble
Dibble is his name
On the beat all day
On the wife all night
Dibble is his name

Happy days
Yep. Remember it well. And both sets of fans sang it at the same time.
Great days and a bigger variety of songs. The anti Swindon songs were more enjoyable too.
Those were the days. We used to sing that as well!!

I wasn't sure about Cooper, but agree that players should be rewarded for performing well. He deserves a place on the bench.
If Cooper is on the bench then one of Whyte, Williams or Bodin needs to drop out of the squad.
Can't have 3 wingers on the bench need some space for defenders.

Currently about 1,200 ahead of the same stage for the Plymouth game and about 600 ahead of the same stage for the Wycombe game, so I'd say we're looking at 8,000/8,200 home fans. Pretty good for unattractive opposition I'd say.
It appears a good few more have now sold.
Blocks 22 & 23 (family) sold out.
Block 18 down to a few front row.
Even some sold in Block 1.
We need the official dot counter CB

If Cooper is on the bench then one of Whyte, Williams or Bodin needs to drop out of the squad.
Can't have 3 wingers on the bench need some space for defenders.
Surely Cooper has done more to deserve a place than Bodin, based on their last performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom