Away Match Day Thread 7/12/2021 L1: Doncaster Rovers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do freeze frames support the two chalked off for offside? Anyone checked?

So do freeze frames support the two chalked off for offside? Anyone checked?
Ran through them a few times on the video. First was definitely offside. I thought the second wasn't, although very tight.

• React
Reactions: QR
5785 was the apparent attendance. 425 from Ox (bloody good effort!).

As a side note, there wasn't anywhere near that many people in the ground. Not a chance!
Season ticket holders are always counted in these days whether they turn up or not.

5785 was the apparent attendance. 425 from Ox (bloody good effort!).

As a side note, there wasn't anywhere near that many people in the ground. Not a chance!

Do they count ST holders? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I reckon it was 3k tops, although I thought we only had 300 or so there.

No way was there over 3000 Donny fans in the ground, even including all the corporate boxes which seemed well filled.

Interesting that they let us spread right across behind the goal as when we've taken more there, they've restricted us.

Agreed with KRs interview in the main. A few of us said something similar about a Donny goal might actually benefit us. In the first half, at times, we looked far too comfortable and started being a bit too flash - I'd rather we'd have got 2/3 before that.

Some criminal chances missed but we showed the desire to keep going and eventually get that 2nd goal. Really impressed by Seddon defensively and in an attacking sense last night, Kane is just pure class, Whyte did everything apart from score - he needs one to deflect in to get him up and running.

Well they don’t come much more gilt edged than that one on one in the second half. He should be scoring that.

Brilliant 1st half, should have gane in at ht at least 4 up, last 20 mins 2nd half could easily have blown it like against the Gas. a better team than Donny for that period would have turned us over, the back four were all over the place again.
Doncaster have to be the worse side we have played all season.

Going to MK as 4th highest scorers in the 92, first team outside the Prem to reach 100 goals, and unbeaten in the league since the middle of October against the then-league leaders.
Not bad.

Pedant alert:

Sunderland are 4th now as they were on 99 iirc and scored 5 last night.

I don’t understand why we keep seeming to be worse in the second half. Bristol Rovers, Sunderland, now Doncaster (and maybe more). Any explanations?

I don’t understand why we keep seeming to be worse in the second half. Bristol Rovers, Sunderland, now Doncaster (and maybe more). Any explanations?

Could be a hangover from Covid affecting players' fitness (both those directly affected and indirectly through reduction in fitness work in training).

There is also the fact that opposing managers may have some changes that affect the game?

• React
Reactions: m
We played worse in the second but also seemed to have better chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom