England v Italy EURO 2020 Cup Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
b88c7c4ff2cb3ccf3920a8490883fa27.jpg

"Yous?? "

Do they teach English these days?

The tackle on Grealish looks awful in a still but his foot slipped off the ball in real time.

"Yous?? "

Do they teach English these days?

The tackle on Grealish looks awful in a still but his foot slipped off the ball in real time.
Studs were up, he went over the ball, he was out of control and it could've resulted in serious injury. The fact he slipped off (over) the ball adds weight to the fact that he was not in control of the challenge. I doubt there was intent for his foot to end up where it did though...

Really. On what grounds as ill be present at the first game back for OUFC home and away.

Carrying it on. What will your reasons be for reporting anyone booing?

Did post-match events give you any pause for thought re booing taking the knee?

I'm talking of the racist abuse some of our players received - showing that racism is still very much present in the game.

This is what most players claimed they were reacting against after all.

Interesting. Anyone I see booing players taking the knee will be reported and I imagine banned by the club.
I bet you wear a face mask while in the car, and call the police because your neighbours are seeing their family.

We have the right to boo, as much as they have the right to take the knee! This isn’t communist China. I don’t have to agree with every symbolic political gesture, and fall in line with the rest of the sheep when I don’t believe in something!

This has been done to death, but BLM doesn’t represent anti-racism, it represents an anti-white ideology and I am proud of who I am! I always will be.

Last edited:

I'm talking of the racist abuse some of our players received - showing that racism is still very much present in the game.

Is this a new thing that’s happened or have kick it out been doing great work the last few years on this very subject?

Why take a knee? Why can’t players / teams hold up a banner saying that exact message?

Why the need to kneel which was originally for BLM until it became apparent that BLM was a potentially political party who wanted to defund the police. Who’s marches were met with the pulling down and vandalism on all forms of statues across the UK.

Not to mention the attempted burning of the Union Jack at the Cenotaph.

That’s why people boo.

They are not racist. They simply don’t approve of the action of the knee.

It is my belief that those booing the taking of the knee do so because they are either racist, or want to appear cool to other racists! They are clearly ignorant to the wishes of those players who do take a knee and who have spoken with great maturity about the impact of racism on them.

Sadly, there's literally no point in arguing as they are too ignorant to listen and I just hope that the vast majority continue to drown out the few.

Is this a new thing that’s happened or have kick it out been doing great work the last few years on this very subject?

Why take a knee? Why can’t players / teams hold up a banner saying that exact message?

Why the need to kneel which was originally for BLM until it became apparent that BLM was a potentially political party who wanted to defund the police. Who’s marches were met with the pulling down and vandalism on all forms of statues across the UK.

Not to mention the attempted burning of the Union Jack at the Cenotaph.

That’s why people boo.

They are not racist. They simply don’t approve of the action of the knee.

No it's not a new thing, and yes, Kick It Out have been doing great work. I worry Kick It Out are too easy for some to ignore though.

I don't know why take the knee particularly and I don't know re banners etc, the latter sounds like a good idea.

It's been said before but taking the knee was not originally a BLM thing, it existed well before BLM, they used it for their own purposes. (In the same way certain English neo-nazi groups use the flag of St George)

I've no wish to defend the radical elements of BLM. They are equal with any others who commit similar offenses.

I don't think people who boo taking the knee are necessarily racist. I accept their right to protest in any case.

Thanks for explaining your position. I'm sure we'll never agree on the association, implied or otherwise, between BLM and taking the knee.

I bet you wear a face mask while in the car, and call the police because your neighbours are seeing their family.

We have the right to boo, as much as they have the right to take the knee! This isn’t communist China. I don’t have to agree with every symbolic political gesture, and fall in line with the rest of the sheep when I don’t believe in something!

This has been done to death, but BLM doesn’t represent anti-racism, it represents an anti-white ideology and I am proud of who I am! I always will be.
You are booing your own team. They are showing support for each other and their opposition to racism. There’s nothing more to it.

have you get any info on where this abuse came from? or how many posts on social media were made? just asking because im not sure anyones reported those details yet.

You are booing your own team. They are showing support for each other and their opposition to racism. There’s nothing more to it.
apart from a link which people have said is a problem.
They are not booing the team they are booing the action of taking the knee that has a link to a political movement.

have you get any info on where this abuse came from? or how many posts on social media were made? just asking because im not sure anyones reported those details yet.

Sadly, I have. Less than 200. Which is 200 to many btw.

Also, plenty came from countries away from England and the UK. This was mentioned on the ITV news last night.

That’s not condoning any of it as all racial abuse is from a man or women who are simply a coward.

Now please don’t be ignorant and group everyone all together because we boo an action which was highlighted in the country by the BLM after the death of George Floyd.

The actions by people on those marches were more so than the the abuse suffered from Rashford, Sancho & Saka following the pens on Sunday.

People are led by the media in this country and what they are told.

Gone are the days of people making their own mind up without being jumped over with cheap insults.

Hi egg, thought you blocked me? Hypocrite.

The UK is a country which proudly has all people from across the world making it the best country around.
Making us from the top to bottom an island be bloody superb and unique. I’m proud to be English and proud of how GB works.

Never ever forget that democracy works on all ways.

So report away, I will happily walk out the ground before any steward even attempts to remove me. My head is held high.

I don't.

apart from a link which people have said is a problem.
They are not booing the team they are booing the action of taking the knee that has a link to a political movement.

It only has a link to a political movement because certain people keep repeating it does.

If people keep saying that booing taking the knee is racist, does it then become racist?

Over the past 6 months, teams and footballing governing bodies have made it clear that taking the knee is against all forms of racial inequality rather than linked to BLM. It's fair to say that the gesture started with a link to BLM but the authorities have disassociated it from that organisation for the very reasons that some are citing on here.

If you've got a problem with action against racial inequality then you've got the problem.

It only has a link to a political movement because certain people keep repeating it does.

If people keep saying that booing taking the knee is racist, does it then become racist?
id say change the name away from black lives matter and instead of taking a knee link arms around the centre circle or carry a banner with something like football against racism and see if people boo then.

Over the past 6 months, teams and footballing governing bodies have made it clear that taking the knee is against all forms of racial inequality rather than linked to BLM. It's fair to say that the gesture started with a link to BLM but the authorities have disassociated it from that organisation for the very reasons that some are citing on here.

If you've got a problem with action against racial inequality then you've got the problem.
change the name then.

Just throwing this in the mix...........................

"The International Olympic Committee (IOC) - which organises the Games - has banned athletes from taking the knee.
IOC official Kirsty Coventry said it was "very concerned about the risk of politicisation of the athletes".
She referred to Rule 50 of the Olympic Charter, which bans any kind of "demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda."

Nothing wrong with the campaigns in football like Kick it Out or the players making a unifying gesture before the game, however it appears that taking the knee is far from unifying.
Simple stuff.....
1626201780863.png

So why didn’t they start with that as the reasoning? Why go under the umbrella of BLM?

Back
Top Bottom