Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

Don’t forget Stockton who a lot on here wanted because he scored 23 goals last season,
This season same as Taylor only 3 scored the difference is Stockton has scored 2 in the league and 1 cup match but with Taylor it’s the opposite 1 league goal 2 cup goals

Actually, Taylor has scored 3 in the league (2 vs Vale, 1 vs Charlton), and 3 in the cups (1 vs Orient, 1 vs Chelsea yoof, 1 vs Exeter) - 6 total this season.

Not trying to defend him, as he's had a poor season......but he has scored as many as Stockton and Stockley put together in all competitions!

I personally think we need a defensive midfielder as much as a striker.

Get the two of them, and then we have no chance of going down.
A decent DCM and a decent striker, both capable of putting in 8/10 performances every week, and even Robinson’s insane tactical tinkering can’t foil us, surely

Who do you think has a better goal record, Tyler Smith or Macauley Bonne?

I don’t really understand your criteria for approving or disapproving of potential strikers. Bonne is only three years older than Smith, has scored more Championship goals and has scored 20+ twice. Smith’s best ever season saw him score 11 (in the same league that Bonne got 25).

I don’t get how, going on that, Bonne would be a stupid, pointless, waste of time signing and Smith is incredibly exciting and exactly what we need.

Who do you think has a better goal record, Tyler Smith or Macauley Bonne?

I don’t really understand your criteria for approving or disapproving of potential strikers. Bonne is only three years older than Smith, has scored more Championship goals and has scored 20+ twice. Smith’s best ever season saw him score 11 (in the same league that Bonne got 25).

I don’t get how, going on that, Bonne would be a stupid, pointless, waste of time signing and Smith is incredibly exciting and exactly what we need.

Smith has a better goals per 90 record in the last few seasons.

And for or plenty of other reasons. Smith is a low-cost risk free loan signing of a match-fit player who has scored Championship goals in 2023. A try before you buy, with no long-term damage done if he isn’t up to it, but plenty of potential upside if he is given he is out of contract at the end of the season.

Bonne would cost far more money, even on a short term deal, arriving at the club having barely played and not scored for a significant amount of time, having been deemed not good enough at this level last season. It’s just falling into a trap of another big wage on a player whose star is falling (Baldock, Murphy)

Having seen both play a fair bit, I also think Smith fits what we need. He’s quick and presses from the front in a way we have really lacked while having all the attributes to be a prolific scorer.

I think Stuart wants to get home to Scotland iam sure he will be going today . A decent older center half on loan then look again in the summer. We need a strong Cdm in as well then Smith and maybe one more surprise. But hopefully Browne back soon we have then got a decent squad to keep us up if not better.

I think Stuart wants to get home to Scotland iam sure he will be going today . A decent older center half on loan then look again in the summer. We need a strong Cdm in as well then Smith and maybe one more surprise. But hopefully Browne back soon we have then got a decent squad to keep us up if not better.

We can only have one more loan in the match day squad. So it would have to be a permanent signing or a deal to the end of the season.

Welcome to transfer deadline day lads and lasses.
Your reminder that our window "slams shut" (as it always does at 23:00 GMT), but the Scottish Premier doesn't close till midnight...so a little while to wait regarding Findlay if not all over then.

CDM please...for the love of God!

All I want on deadline day is a CDM and a striker who knows where the goal is PLEASE

Back
Top Bottom