Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at other results from the FA Cup involving third tier v top level second tier teams and it makes for grim reading. We thought Peterborough were impressive and they were bowled over 0-3 by Leeds as well. Of our promotion challengers left in the Cup, only Bolton held Luton to a draw. Barnsley, Portsmouth and Derby were already out.

It maybe stresses the difference between L1 and the Championship even more. We were thumped by a mid-ranking Bristol City side in the League Cup and taken to town by Coventry in the FA Cup. You can find reasons to explain away aspects of both defeats but ultimately it comes down to them having much better players than us.

Plenty needed to take us to the next step and I never thought that would be ready in the summer and winter windows. There's still plenty of amendments needed to the squad for us to get to that next level.
There’s a massive gap between mid Championship and top six League One. Lots of work to do!

Looking at other results from the FA Cup involving third tier v top level second tier teams and it makes for grim reading. We thought Peterborough were impressive and they were bowled over 0-3 by Leeds as well. Of our promotion challengers left in the Cup, only Bolton held Luton to a draw. Barnsley, Portsmouth and Derby were already out.

It maybe stresses the difference between L1 and the Championship even more. We were thumped by a mid-ranking Bristol City side in the League Cup and taken to town by Coventry in the FA Cup. You can find reasons to explain away aspects of both defeats but ultimately it comes down to them having much better players than us.

Plenty needed to take us to the next step and I never thought that would be ready in the summer and winter windows. There's still plenty of amendments needed to the squad for us to get to that next level.
Totally agree, but it also highlighted the players we have who many thought we’re good enough for the Championship are well off the mark/level required, so if we miraculously did get promoted we’d be virtually an whole squad rebuild!!

I don’t get this, he’s a Everton player.
Only right we as a club say nothing, until after his parent club.
Same with Beadle.
I can understand Beadle a bit more, since clearly uncertainty with regards end destination and Brighton may not want to announce until all ends tied up.
Mills however surely could have worked to ensure both clubs communicated at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom