Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What surprises me most is that players playing striker for us don’t fill their boots with goals.
The chances we have created for Harris is legion.
I swear that some of them were harder to miss than score.
While it is a mystery to me how GOD and BB also struggle to finish at least some of the through balls and crosses flying into the penalty area, I don’t really get that they find it so damn hard (from 6 yards out at times).
So many are also 1on1 situations and they don’t even hit the bloody target let alone force a save from the keeper.
Part of the reason Harris gets so many chances is his movement and endeavour. If his finishing was excellent as well, he wouldn’t be playing for Oxford.

I don’t mind that we seem to be going a little bit more direct under Des as hopefully means we can lose a bit of craft up front in exchange for some more quality in front of goal.

Just because Ladapo and JCH could be available doesn’t mean we can sign them. We may be able to offer the transfer fee and the wages but most players would choose Derby, Portsmouth, Charlton over us just because it’s more exciting to play there. We are the bottom choice when it comes to it so we need a different strategy and we need to find the next ladapo or JCH that hasn’t been discovered yet. It’s a risk and you could argue Harris was one that hasn’t paid off (yet)

That was the best individual performance, I've seen, from an opposition striker at The Kassam probably since Aaron McClean gave that masterclass for Grays about 15 years previously !!!!
Christ on a bike! McLean was brilliant that night - can't remember any other opposition player getting a standing ovation from the home fans when he was subbed off near the end.

Well 8 players here with over 10 goals at about halfway through the season.
So a third of the teams managed to do it
RO keep saying that Harris has scored 10 goals this season. Is that right?
If true a pretty decent return

RO keep saying that Harris has scored 10 goals this season. Is that right?
If true a pretty decent return
Yeah, although a couple were against Northampton and another against Chelsea u15s in the BSMT which I struggle to count, only 7 in the league. Really pleased to see that he's found some form again.

Yeah, although a couple were against Northampton and another against Chelsea u15s in the BSMT which I struggle to count, only 7 in the league. Really pleased to see that he's found some form again.
Isn’t it 6 in the league, 1 v Coventry plus the BSM

I think it’s called realism. We are nowhere near a striker in my opinion. It will be a kid in with about three days left. If we were close to anyone of repute - Ladapo, Clarke-Harris, Marriott etc - I think it would have surfaced by now. Unless Waldron can deliver us the striker we’ve craved for four transfer windows now then, I don’t care who else we sign, it will have been a hugely frustrating and ultimately disappointing transfer window - again.
Its called you are f*****g guessing, because you dont actually know.

Harris' goal against Charlton was the sort of thing we have been desperate for all season. Credit to him as he saw it unfolding, made the run and gambled on the cross being good enough. These are all things he's been criticised for this season, so it's only right he's recognised when he's done it well.

With him now looking like he could be that 20 goal a season striker, I wouldn't be surprised if the club cooled their interest in other options and just backed Harris to come good.

No chance. One good near post run and finish cannot make up for 4 barren months, when even hitting a barn door has looked a step too far ! You must be the only Oxford fan on the planet thinking we don’t need more strikers ! Harris has had plenty of chances and he hasn’t taken any bar the one at Charlton.

What on gods earth has been your trigger point for thinking he is now looking like a 20 goal a season striker ? Please don’t tell me it’s finally taking a chance that came his way at Charlton. I‘ve seen absolutely nothing to suggest he can get anywhere near 20.

👀

Exactly, today has shown again what Harris is about, that's 3 in 2 now in the league as well as a goal away at Coventry who battered Leicester today.

No one's saying that we don't need some more reinforcements as backup in case he gets injured but there was a huge overreaction to a few games without a goal.

A nice week off to get things sorted. A weekend to see who isn’t around matchday squads and could be on the move.

That’s the most he has scored in the league in one season so far l which is good. He will get double figures in the league I have no doubt but he could do with some competition to keep him on his toes or even to partner him in a 2 up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom