Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Appleton here and would have had him back but the more I think of it the more I think his success was as much down to Ashton. We were a really slick operation then and I doubt we outperformed our budget by much, indeed we needed a win on the last day of the season to avoid the playoffs.
Probably supported by how well Ipswich have done since Ashton went there too

Yes he was great for us ,he's done the job at Ipswich so far .But the Southampton and Leicester juggernauts are moving on. Will Ipswich go up I think alot of people hope so. But it could end up a one ,two ,three if Leeds go up via the play offs.

Just imagine how much slicker the club would be with Ashton at the helm. Really strong operator.
Absolutely. I've mentioned this on another thread so won't go into massive detail but I'm almost certain we'd have a different assistant manager in, and a while ago too, as well as another member of support staff to manage players fitness and rehab from injury which would have been pretty handy. I feel for Des, he's been left to do so much while we get him support staff at a snails pace.

That's where a good DoF would come in and allow Buckingham to concentrate on the pitch. Having him do it all just after landing in the country while we're in the midst of a really busy run of games and injury crisis was hugely unfair.

Absolutely. I've mentioned this on another thread so won't go into massive detail but I'm almost certain we'd have a different assistant manager in, and a while ago too, as well as another member of support staff to manage players fitness and rehab from injury which would have been pretty handy. I feel for Des, he's been left to do so much while we get him support staff at a snails pace.

That's where a good DoF would come in and allow Buckingham to concentrate on the pitch. Having him do it all just after landing in the country while we're in the midst of a really busy run of games and injury crisis was hugely unfair.
How dare you Joey, we’re 5th

How dare you Joey, we’re 5th
Yeah, but the gap between us an top spot has now extended to 7 points. Pretty sure it's all Des' fault that we didn't pick up a single point against Northampton yesterday 😡

10 days to go ,1,2,or 3 more players to come in ? Iam sure it could be a busy week, let's hope so ?

I don’t understand why the Oxford Mail gets slagged off all the time. What do people expect? Investative journalism , tipping everyone off in advance about whatever is going on at the club, before they announce it? It’s a small provincial newspaper with one guy doing what he can. I for one would miss it if it weren’t there.

I don’t understand why the Oxford Mail gets slagged off all the time. What do people expect? Investative journalism , tipping everyone off in advance about whatever is going on at the club, before they announce it? It’s a small provincial newspaper with one guy doing what he can. I for one would miss it if it weren’t there.

Have you read any of the stadium pieces? There is a huge bias towards those who are against the stadium project, and worse than that, they have published a number of front page articles without a single shread of evidence to support their allegations. That is not only poor journalism, its bordering on libellous.

I completely understand the need for balance, and I've no issue with articles that offer a counter view to the stadium, or the club. But we're not seeing that balance. And let's remember that without this stadium there is a very real likelihood that there will be no club.

I couldn't care less about transfer speculation or little titbits coming out of the club. I don't expect anyone to be hiding behind the curtains in Des' office to get an exclusive. All I expect is journalistic integrity and balance, and we're getting neither.

All depends on what floats your boat. Maybe the guy that reprints press releases from OUFC dosnt do much harm to the club, it’s the rest of the copy and paste crap they print without either checking facts or getting a response from the other party. There was nothing original in the paper when I used to read it, just headline grabbing click bait as it’s known. But if you are happy to read and pay for that rubbish, each to his own.

No one has got a problem with Liam Rice. It's them melons reporting anything to do with the new stadium we have a problem with. Any proper journalist would ask the club or council before publishing a story from FOSB, but no they just go ahead and publish it and make themselves look fools.

So Jon Palmer is the go to person who divulges every football clubs turnover, contracts and salaries. Not exactly official is it. If this is the guff you are relying on for your knowledge then you need to start to take a step back and shut up a bit more because the simple fact is that you actually don't know.

Any future questions about anything football related then I best contact Jon. But as you already seem to be in bed with Jon and take what he says is gospel what are the payment instalments, what was paid up front, how are they staggered in the future, what percentage did Stoke get, is there any sell on clause added to the deal, and what are the exact add ons and the conditions that trigger them? And where does this put Will in the salary pecking order? Shirt size and foot size would also be good knowledge to have.

Take a step back and stop talking nonsense, and someone else's guesswork at that.
f**k me, someone must of s**t on your cornflakes.

Appleton is a funny one. Never actually achieved anything outside of managing Oxford, which is very odd considering how well it went for him.
The problem is he keeps going to basket case clubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom