Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely, he has got one or two of our rumours wrong but has been spot on this window very often. Got Beadle and Harris right too. Interesting to know if it is a loan or a permanent, didn’t think we would pursue this deal following signing Goodwin.
We had better not get people whining about a striker if we have 3 players who can get 15 a year

Marriott has scored 5 goals this season from 1612 mins, or 0.28 per 90.

This is because he plays for Fleetwood and they are rubbish, I hear you scream. But these 5 goals have come from 64 shots and an xG of 0.46 per 90. So not scoring many and wasteful as well.

But I look forward to hearing that he was the guaranteed goalscorer we need when he signs for Wrexham on stupid money that we would have been mad to match.
Where's that delete button?

If he does sign, I hope it's a loan with a view to a permanent.

Where's that delete button?

If he does sign, I hope it's a loan with a view to a permanent.
Why loan? He’s out of contract at the end of the season so would expect Fleetwood to sell but nowhere near what they wanted in the summer.

Marriott certainly fits with Des’ desire to bring in players who have been playing and who are fit immediately. Same for Olakigbe who has been on the bench constantly recently due to injuries to Brentford’s main starting XI

Never would complain with Harris, Goodwin and Marriott as our potential striker options. Very very decent for this league
Agreed. I know I've been like a broken record as regards Marriott, but that gives you a great combo of Guile and creativity (Harris), Strength and height (Goodwin) and pure finishing ability (Marriott). Allowing Gats to get a good loan and things suddenly look better.

It would also show our ability to get deals done, as there is genuine competition for his signature.

I would be delighted if he signed, I rate him hugely.

Last edited:
Re Marriott - the top clubs at this level have 3 or 4 Strikers that they can call upon, all with different attributes. Marriott offers something new, as well as being vastly experienced, fit, and with a good (if not great) goals record. What's not to like? If he was our sole striking option (something that we have all become weirdly used to over the past few years) then I would be concerned. But he is another option to complement Harris and Goodwin. Happy days.

Fare enough but we couldn’t we get him over the line down with him as early as the Carlisle game and yes I know we one that but as I said at the beginning of this window we have before the Cobblers game 15 points up for grab so far 6 out if a possible 12 but I would like a win tonight if we don’t we will slip further down the table and I can’t see us getting back into the playoffs and yes I hope I’m wrong
Oh don’t worry I’m no more satisfied with the timing of it all than you are but we are where we are. Taking the positives there’s a lot of fuss around him so it could be a decent addition and Posh have an eye for a good winger so that’s encouraging. But we’ve lost a number of points waiting for these arrivals (probably more tonight) where we could’ve been much more competitive and that’s hard to take as a supporter, no doubt. The noise reaching the forum about the haplessness of the club behind the scenes is frankly depressing. It’s nothing we didn’t know but without the Manning/Hogg smokescreen it’s now fully exposed again and feels like a return to last January where we were pleading for change. I’m just hopeful we can get something respectable out of the window and tonight’s game to restore a bit of confidence that we aren’t in total free fall.

Plenty on here don’t want Marriott - look back at the summer window thread to see that. Would have been a great signing in the summer window and a just as good one in this window.

Plenty on here don’t want Marriott - look back at the summer window thread to see that. Would have been a great signing in the summer window and a just as good one in this window.
Proof will be in the pudding. If it’s still nearly 500k we’re paying then I strongly disagree. If it’s a loan and we get to take a look before deciding then it looks a fair chance to take

I wasn’t jumping up and down for Marriott but Goodwin’s arrival has changed the landscape a bit. We have that true long term alternative option that now the third striker can really be anything, ideally someone who knows where the league one net is. Very hard to be disappointed if he turns up here this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom