Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrick has apparently said he wants a striker so not Goodrham. Dale may play at right wing back Saturday with Leigh on left.

All gone a bit quiet. Think this might go to the wire.

I don’t understand this mentality that a new stadium is somehow going to magically end any form of financial pressure and the way we have to operate as a relatively small club.
We give Kassam about £500k (it might be more now) a year just to play in his stadium. We make little from food and drink on match days and cannot use the ground for other income streams such as exhibitions, conferences, restaurants, bars or one off events like concerts. So it’s a millstone around our neck.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be against us going after another right back if Stevens injury is gonna see him out for a decent length of time. Especially as Long likes picking up a knock here & there.

Derby are trying to shift Joe Ward out who’s as an attacking of a right back you could get at League One level.

See Cambridge have just signed Macauley Bonne on loan. They have some decent options up front, with Lyle Taylor joining in the window as well.

Weren't we linked with Bonne not so long ago?

See Cambridge have just signed Macauley Bonne on loan. They have some decent options up front, with Lyle Taylor joining in the window as well.

Weren't we linked with Bonne not so long ago?

He has scored 5 in 1677 playing minutes (31 apps, 17 starts and 14 as sub) in L2 and Cups this season so far.

When LM went to Drizzle City, I really liked the behind the scenes videos for signings. We have some but they're normally only a few minutes. I find that stuff fascinating and would like to see more when it comes to signings etc.

Suppose it would depend where the wing-backs were. If they're really high up the pitch then it's an attacking formation.
We were better when we played a back 4 against the league leaders on Tuesday, and also improved in the second half at Bristol when we went to a back 4.

Going back to a three (wherever the wing-backs are) seems like a triumph of hope over experience IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom