Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that every transfer window I can remember we have had either a manager saying we need to strengthen up front or rumours that we will go big. Right back to the days of Matthew Barnes-Homer! Will Grigg. Junior Agogo.

We always fail to do that. Who knows why.
Haha thanks for reminding me of that one. A pathetic bid for probably the best League Two striker at the time that we couldn't have thought for one moment would be accepted. Kassam putting a statement on the website said it all.

Even Jon Murray thought it was embarrassing... https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/6642288.football-junior-no-go-us/

Think that's probably right. Primary aim was to spend on a striker, the fall back option to bring in a left sided attacker. The striker market is on fire at the minute - a very small pool with high demand. As you say, left sided loan most probable at this point.

**Opens up transfermarkt and searches for championship left sided squad players not picking up minutes**
If the primary aim was to spend on a striker, that is what should have happened, as other clubs do, with no fall back position. Do Ipswich have a fall back position?
So far we have had a fantastic window, showing intent and agressive, That should go on until all positions needed are full.
No more of this we'll have trouble attracting a striker, our targets went elsewhere, Sheffield Wednesday brought in so and so, why cant we.
It could be another 10 ten years before we find ourselves in such a good position again, lets not spoil everything by not getting possibly the most important piece of the jigsaw over the line

God MY and GuK are a right couple of moaners , trying to be super negative about anything that they can be as we are looking in the best state for years !
If you cannot be impressed by the great strides made now over one transfer window then I have no ideas of their expectations.
Except to look for dark clouds.

It’s a bloody good signing whether it’s a season long loan or permanent.

If we pull that one off, then we’ve done marvellous. Exciting times for OUFC.

It says Edwards is a winger? So is he the new number 9 or are we expecting more than one signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom