Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people like to take a mick about close family members following the social media of clubs theyโ€™re linked to, but it would be a little bit strange for a random Portuguese family member to ONLY follow OUFC, and not the other 3 clubs that he has been linked with? Iโ€™m not suggesting itโ€™s a done deal, but if he had followed Derby on their socials, lots on here would have said โ€œwell we can forget that one thenโ€

If we had Rodriguez and May coming here I would definitely start to get excited.
A new goalkeeper and a defender would add to excitement.
There will surely be some exits announced too

If we had Rodriguez and May coming here I would definitely start to get excited.
A new goalkeeper and a defender would add to excitement.
There will surely be some exits announced too
Wonder if we are interested in May? I havenโ€™t seen anything on him to be fair. Would be a like-for-like Taylor replacement, but Iโ€™m not sure thatโ€™s the โ€˜profileโ€™ Manning is after in a striker.

I canโ€™t see how May would fit a Manning system, or the profile of player Iโ€™d expect us to be after this summer.

Isnโ€™t he from the south east. Charlton bound perhaps..

We can probably work out the type of striker Manning wants from the Rodrigues links.

Rodrigues plays in the #10 and plays the rough balls from the centre. I would imagine, we require a striker that plays on the shoulder, is happy to run in behind and that has the ability to run off the back of defenders.

Kinda tricky finding players that excel with their movement in the above manner, but if using numbers you could probably dig into offside stats and 1v1 finishes players have had.

Rodrigues seriously excites me. I wondered what the comments would be if he went to Peterborough for example, the team who do well at investing and selling them on for big bucks. RR is that sort of signing for me.

Sam Smith, I've got over his antics, I'd have him or Alfie May (two polar opposite strikers) I don't really know which is more suited.

May is clearly a really good player at this level. But he will be 30 before the start of next season, and he plays a pretty high energy game. So you'd hopefully get a couple of good seasons out of him, but he has zero resale value.

So yes, but only at the right price. I would not want to be forking out a high six figure sum for a player that's purely a short term bet.

Sam Smith ahead of Rodrigues would be yum. Not sure how they slot in to Manning's preferred 343 at MK, though, unless we go a little narrower with the front 3 but then that leaves Murphy and Browne searching for a space. Can't believe anybody would stay mad at Sam Smith for long - clearly misread the room in a bad way but nothing a well constructed interview (apology) won't fix and all move on.

Lots of very good strikers around that could play ahead of Rodrigues. Tyler Walker is still knocking around among others. You'd think it will be a busy week in the EFL.

Bradley Dack

Out of contract at Blackburn soon. Imagine him and CamBran in the middle. What a dream that would be. They would torment the whole division. Doubt we could afford his wage demands, but a lovely thought. With a robust defensive midfielder behind them, and McGuane from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom