Home Match Day Thread 19/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Milton Keynes Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure does funny things to teams, hopefully MK will feel the pressure after their defeat at the weekend and a win for us will make those in the playoffs feel the pressure of the chasing pack and they crumble.

Of course, we need to win tonight which is easier said than done.

Thank you. But I'm afraid it's too late, the doctors have effectively given up. Just a question of time now.
Sorry to hear your sad news Malc.

Best wishes to you and your family 💛

CF055D0C-FB2F-4EB4-A210-53E05C2338D7.jpeg
Games are coming thick and fast now, and there were some knackered legs at the end of the game on Friday, so we may see a bit of rotation, so this could also be an option:
3CC52441-458B-420D-8346-E50E2879C073.jpeg
Get the three points, and there’s still faint hope…

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

We need to focus on getting the win and then look at the table. The draw at Wimbledon may derail Wycombe but more importantly Plymouth now only need a win and we run out of options. Fingers crossed. Always hopeful.

We need to focus on getting the win and then look at the table. The draw at Wimbledon may derail Wycombe but more importantly Plymouth now only need a win and we run out of options. Fingers crossed. Always hopeful.
Plymouth only need a win......but their last two games are at Wigan (who are the best team in the division, and will likely be playing for the title at the weekend) and then against MKD (who are the second or third best team in the division, and may need to win on the final day to get a shot at automatic promotion).

I'm still convinced that 81 points gets us into the playoffs.

Getting to 81 points is the tough part......but it's not impossible. Tonight should be epic!

Last edited:
Plymouth only need a win......but their last two games are at Wigan (who are the best team in the division, and will likely be playing for the title at the weekend) and then against Rotherham (who are the second best team in the division, and may need something on the final day to get automatic promotion).

I'm still convinced that 81 points gets us into the playoffs.

Getting to 81 points is the tough part......but it's not impossible. Tonight should be epic!
It is actually MK Dons.....but your point still stands....

Funnily enough we played MK as Schumachers first game and after an iffy start ( which is becoming a thing) we probably deserved to win.

This will be our fourth game v the Clubstealers at Fortress HP, all have finished 1-0 so far....two to us and one to them.

Hope you turn them over tonight....some red cards and accidental injuries wouldn't go amiss either....

It is actually MK Dons.....but your point still stands....

Funnily enough we played MK as Schumachers first game and after an iffy start ( which is becoming a thing) we probably deserved to win.

This will be our fourth game v the Clubstealers at Fortress HP, all have finished 1-0 so far....two to us and one to them.

Hope you turn them over tonight....some red cards and accidental injuries wouldn't go amiss either....

Ach.....I thought I'd edited my post before anyone quoted that mistake!!

I think you'll probably be OK if you can get one point from the last two, because I don't think we're going to win our last three, and then I don't think Wycombe will get 4+ points from their last two.

But I'd love to be proven wrong on the first part of that!!

Last chance saloon stuff tonight. We can at least aim to make the last two matches interesting for ourselves.

Hey, win tonight and away at Rotherham and I may start believing that we deserve to be in the playoffs after all, with just doomed Doncaster to play.

Maximum points or it's League 1 again*.

*Which, you know what, I'm not too fussed about. I like that we have seven new teams every year to play and a real variety in there too. Sure, promotion would be good and should be our aspiration but my happiness with OUFC is not conditional on it.

If tonight doesn't go our way then so be it but this season has been very enjoyable after COVID nobody knew when we would be allowed back in full capacity and this season there's been loads of memories that will live for a long time also on a personal level I got myself and my boys ST and my 7 year old lad absolutely loves going to football now at the beginning he got bored he got distracted now he sings he claps he gets grumpy if we lose and is buzzing if we win and absolutely loves Matty Taylor so yeah league one next season or championship we will be there

Just realised that if we lose tonight, Saturday's game at Rotherham will be our first in the league when the points don't mean anything since Luton away on the last day of 2018-19. That's some record. Hopefully we can keep it going for another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom