Transfer News 2024 January Window Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwards and Browne are such big losses because they are both (Edwards more so) pretty elite ball carriers who can beat a defender 1on1 and penetrate a low block, which is important because the opponents who do that otherwise tend to be the games in which we've come undone. Perhaps I'm misremembering, but from what I recall, Fosu wasn't really that kind of player was he? Would he actually be that beneficial?
He won’t be fit and he basically downed tools for us once he learned there was interest in him.

Because there is only one club he wants to play for, and up until now we have not been interested.

He was marvellous for us, and if he can re capture that form, then it would be a solid signing, plus he wouldn’t be playing for a clown of a manager.
He was fantastic under Robinson.
So although KR had a terrible last season not sure how Fosu wouod have had an issue with KR?

Tarique Fosu looks like he's joined a boyband based on the latest pictures from his Instagram account!

Fosu was brilliant for us, but does make you wonder with a decent record that he has, why he's currently without a club.
Probably wages.

Was contracted to a Prem club so probably on decent wages even though he was signed when they were in Championship (wage clauses and increases after promotion etc).

Pretty clear Championship clubs don't want him at this point. Think a move back to us would be good for him (as well as us, obviously).

Fosu doesn't answer the centre forward question though. Great player, especially at this level, but he's not that out and out number 9 we desperately need. Someone mentioned Madine, yes he's a striker but not a particularly prolific one. The lad from Wimbledon, Al-Hamadi, looks very decent. Saw a few minutes of him last night - albeit versus rubbish opposition - and he looked very good. The obvious target though should be Jake Young from Bradford, likely going to be a bit more gettable. He gets loads of goals in and around the 6 yard box, good physical prescence too, exactly what we need.

Fosu doesn't answer the centre forward question though. Great player, especially at this level, but he's not that out and out number 9 we desperately need. Someone mentioned Madine, yes he's a striker but not a particularly prolific one. The lad from Wimbledon, Al-Hamadi, looks very decent. Saw a few minutes of him last night - albeit versus rubbish opposition - and he looked very good. The obvious target though should be Jake Young from Bradford, likely going to be a bit more gettable. He gets loads of goals in and around the 6 yard box, good physical prescence too, exactly what we need.
To be fair, that's not the question that we need to be answering right now. With Browne and Edwards out, that leaves Goodrham and Bodin as our only other wingers and Bodin is infinitely better in the middle. Tyler isn't remotely close to Edwards' ability. We are desperately light on the wings and Fosu would come in and provide a quality option. Bennett could be called upon to play out wide, but we're in a position to not 'square peg' it like we have done in previous years.

Al-Hamadi is heading to the Championship. My shouts are: Clarke-Harris, Jake Young at Bradford or Isaac Olaofe at Stockport. Any of those 3 and I'll be more than happy.

He was committed to us, but insisted on a release clause in his contract. He performed for us, and Brentford met the clause. Nothing in there that says he wasn’t committed. He was terrific for the 6 months he was with us.
Not in the last two months of his time he wasn’t

To be fair, that's not the question that we need to be answering right now. With Browne and Edwards out, that leaves Goodrham and Bodin as our only other wingers and Bodin is infinitely better in the middle. Tyler isn't remotely close to Edwards' ability. We are desperately light on the wings and Fosu would come in and provide a quality option.
am I taking crazy pills or do Mills and Murphy still exist?

If it's true that our wage budget is already one of the largest in the league, can we really afford to be splashing the cash in January...? If we don't get promoted it seems like a huge risk.

I think we'll end up with a young Prem loanee as our striker.

If it's true that our wage budget is already one of the largest in the league, can we really afford to be splashing the cash in January...? If we don't get promoted it seems like a huge risk.
Agreed, I’m worried that a big signing could put us in a loss-making position

Agreed, I’m worried that a big signing could put us in a loss-making position
We're always going to make a loss but with such a huge expenditure on the horizon (stadium) it wouldn't make much sense increasing our losses in the build up...

am I taking crazy pills or do Mills and Murphy still exist?
Possibly, but It's now a given that Murphy and Mills are our starting wingers; I'm referring to our options beyond that. Goodrham and Bodin aren't enough for me. Bodin is having his best season for us, but as I said, he is a much better player through the middle. Tyler isn't anywhere near the level of Edwards, so in order to bridge that gap, a player like Fosu is an ideal option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom