Away Match Build Up 23/04/2022 L1: Rotherham United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodin needs to play centrally I think, he’s not got the pace to play out wide, so I don’t think it’s as simple as replacing Whyte or Holland with him
Agreed. I think Bodin centrally gives the support to Taylor that makes both of them much more dangerous. Holland looked like a real threat for about 15 minutes on Tuesday - I'm not sure that's enough really. Keep Whyte out wide and get him to supply Bodin and Taylor.

The two threads for build-up to the Rotherham match have been merged.

With our confidence at the lowest ebb of the season, not able to string more than a couple of passes together, not creating chances, extremely worrying but....
at our best we can play some great stuff, Barlaser, Wiles & Ogbene have in the main had great seasons.
Lose on Saturday & IMO autos have gone.
One hell of a game in prospect, this blip we are having has to end sometime. I'd say good luck but I'd have to mean it.
All the best to all fans that come up & enjoy the day (but not too much)

I definitely think we need bodin for the set pieces and amazingly quick feet. I’d have Holland on the left and Sykes on the right and at about 60 mins switch one of them (probably Holland) for Williams.
Holland can bamboozle them for a while even if he ends up going sideways more - he makes them use up energy. Then when they’re getting a bit leggy send on Willo to scare the s**t out of them with his doggedness and pace.

LINEUP111650615268292.png

Hopefully the back 4 have another solid game which will allow us to have greatest flexibility in the final third. Bodin just off Taylor works really well and we get the added benefit of set piece delivery. Holland and Sykes have been more consistent in recent games and should be given the licence to run at Rotherham from the whistle and keep them on the backfoot.

But the beauty is then having the option to bring on the likes of Browne, Whyte and (hopefully) Baldock to get us over the line. We will also have Williams, McGuane and Forde if we want to tighten things up.

We've got to be confident of a win, but patient enough to stay in the game if Rotherham come out like MK did on Tuesday. A draw may be just enough to give us a slight chance going in to the final game. A win will massively increase our chances of being able to celebrate at home next week. A defeat? Kip gets his moment!!

Williams deserves a start ahead of Holland & Sykes. We need his energy levels, no passengers from the off. Think he also offers more protection for Long if needed.
Holland and Sykes gives us the chance to be more attacking, and I don't think either have been passengers recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom