Home Match Build Up 23/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with uptheus on this , we are out of all cups so why rush it . We could easily play this in the new year even with bad weather. Fantastic if we win but now we are playing this we will expected to play the weekend to . Why not just wait
Nah balls to it I say. Our backs are against the wall and I love it! There's a game to be played and if we can do it safely then let's do it. You have a squad to cover for injuries and Covid is no different in that regard. If we get beat then we get beat, but it's also a massive opportunity for those outside the first team to show what they can do. This could be the game where Agyei makes his mark, or where Hanson plays out of his skin, or a debutant keeper has a blinder.

Time for heroes and all that.

I
I have to agree with uptheus on this , we are out of all cups so why rush it . We could easily play this in the new year even with bad weather. Fantastic if we win but now we are playing this we will expected to play the weekend to . Why not just wait
I don't think we can just refuse to play? If we are able to raise a competitive team.

Nah balls to it I say. Our backs are against the wall and I love it! There's a game to be played and if we can do it safely then let's do it. You have a squad to cover for injuries and Covid is no different in that regard. If we get beat then we get beat, but it's also a massive opportunity for those outside the first team to show what they can do. This could be the game where Agyei makes his mark, or where Hanson plays out of his skin, or a debutant keeper has a blinder.

Time for heroes and all that.
Love that, that's the spirit we need more of!

It will be interesting to see what team we put out is there any decent CBs in the u21s that could partner McNally or will long havto go there but then who do we play at RB the midfield is easy up top I dunno whether it would be worth putting Henry as a striker white Whyte and Holland either side

We can't unilaterally decide to postpone though, if that's what you're suggesting. Would require EFL approval. I expect that they would be unlikely to grant that unless we were unable to field a professional team. Seems to me that GK availability may be the deciding factor.

Whatever team we put out, I reckon this will be a great rallying occasion for everyone.

Madness if this was our choice and not forced it’s madness with Rotherham at the weekend. We have a plan A but no plan B .However Charge…. lol

Loan GK / Stevens

Williams Long McNally Seddon

Henry Kane Brannagan

Bodin Whyte Holland

Subs - Hanson, McGuane, Agyei, Goodhram, Cooper, Golding, GK

I don’t know of any other team/club who have had 7+ players out with covid who have gone on to play their games.

And without our leading striker!
Sunderland did as they have been pointing out on their forum but yes, it's rare.

I doubt this was OUFC's decision - if you have enough fit players and EFL/PHE say you can play then you have to play.
Then apart from championship and premiership clubs any team in the lower leagues who have 3 players out in international duty whether they are senior players or U18 should be made to play their games.

Then apart from championship and premiership clubs any team in the lower leagues who have 3 players out in international duty whether they are senior players or U18 should be made to play their games.
There are separate rules for international duty, I believe.

That’s because they feel the club with international call ups will be a weakened team which makes a mockery of the whole system
That’s why your supposed to have a squad of 24 2 for each position and a couple of extras 😁 but it doesn’t quite work like that I say if you are missing 10 players for international games you should be able to postpone but if it’s only 2 or 3 you should be made to play that’s why you build a squad

EFL is a shambles… end of . 7 first team players out for 2 games and we have to play. No keeper. Shambles

And to think it’ll be the same for Saturday in what appears on paper a more difficult fixture, followed by 3 very difficult away games!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom