Home Match Build Up 23/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s why your supposed to have a squad of 24 2 for each position and a couple of extras 😁 but it doesn’t quite work like that I say if you are missing 10 players for international games you should be able to postpone but if it’s only 2 or 3 you should be made to play that’s why you build a squad
Especially if you include U21’s in the call up procedure. Lincoln had three call ups but couldn’t postpone because one of the call ups hadn’t played the required amount of home games. It’s a law they could look at again especially regardin lower leagues and postponements.

Especially if you include U21’s in the call up procedure. Lincoln had three call ups but couldn’t postpone because one of the call ups hadn’t played the required amount of home games. It’s a law they could look at again especially regardin lower leagues and postponements.
There is no need for all these postponed games outside the top two divisions simply because not enough players get called up it’s very rare that a team in the bottom two divisions has a whole squad called up but what normally happens is they lose a couple of important players

Wigan fans questioning the integrity of the club and suggesting we have made up the COVID cases.

Last edited:
There is no need for all these postponed games outside the top two divisions simply because not enough players get called up it’s very rare that a team in the bottom two divisions has a whole squad called up but what normally happens is they lose a couple of important players
Yep if we have to play with such a depleted squad then a few out for international call ups should not stop a game from going ahead, it's a nonsense. Again favours the bigger clubs.

13 players unavailable!! Covid, close contact and injuries!!
COVID - Eastie, Taylor, mous, Moore, thorrno, forde and Sykes
I'll - Stevens
Injured - winnall, Gorrin
Close contact - Plumley

Who are the other two?

Wigan fans questioning the integrity of the club and suggesting we have made up the COVID cases.
I think you may be understating the strength of feeling on the Wigan forum - it seems quite heated, until you realise it's about 10 people, including a couple of conspiracy theorists! It make most people on here seem fairly sane (although not all!).

I liked the poster who thinks our GKmigjt be injured but could have COVID but the rest of the team are fine I suppose we will find out tomorrow

I think you may be understating the strength of feeling on the Wigan forum - it seems quite heated, until you realise it's about 10 people, including a couple of conspiracy theorists! It make most people on here seem fairly sane (although not all!).
And what may you be implying? 😊

They make it easy to laugh at them.

That’s because they feel the club with international call ups will be a weakened team which makes a mockery of the whole system

I believe it's actually to ensure that clubs release players for international duty. This is the difference. With injuries and illness, the players are unable to play, with international call-ups, clubs can put pressure on players not to go on international duty, thus weakening international teams. KR has made his feelings known on international call-ups in the past!

Those vitalfootball forums are rarely the main forum or message board for a club. I think they were set up in the hope that every club would have their main message board linked with it but many had been well established long before that. It’s the all same nerds on here as frequented the TiU days. There will be one for Oxford but YF is evidently the main one here.

I can understand the frustration from Wigan but we’re the ones impacted more from this. Our fans had travelled to the game and - if we believe motormouth Robinson - we did try to bring a ‘keeper in to get the game on. We also let Wigan know at 9am as to what occurred (👀 at Crewe) and what we were going to do to try to fulfil the fixture.

If it was a conspiracy why would we as a club waste all that money on a hotel up there, travel on the Friday night and P**s off all our travelling fans just to cry off. We have to play them at some point and we were aiming to do it whilst severely weakened. We’re aiming to play tomorrow without 13 players too.

Something weird has been put in their pies, I reckon.

(Testing at 9pm on a Friday and getting a load of positives by 9am is pretty weird though I will admit.)

(Testing at 9pm on a Friday and getting a load of positives by 9am is pretty weird though I will admit.)

Not so sure - the time taken from incubation to positive LFT seems to be quite exact. It would, however, suggest that they were all infected at the same event.

Those vitalfootball forums are rarely the main forum or message board for a club. I think they were set up in the hope that every club would have their main message board linked with it but many had been well established long before that. It’s the all same nerds on here as frequented the TiU days. There will be one for Oxford but YF is evidently the main one here.

I can understand the frustration from Wigan but we’re the ones impacted more from this. Our fans had travelled to the game and - if we believe motormouth Robinson - we did try to bring a ‘keeper in to get the game on. We also let Wigan know at 9am as to what occurred (👀 at Crewe) and what we were going to do to try to fulfil the fixture.

If it was a conspiracy why would we as a club waste all that money on a hotel up there, travel on the Friday night and P**s off all our travelling fans just to cry off. We have to play them at some point and we were aiming to do it whilst severely weakened. We’re aiming to play tomorrow without 13 players too.

Something weird has been put in their pies, I reckon.

Oh believe me, I can understand the frustration - my train was 20 minutes out of Manchester when the we saw the notification. Having taken my son, I was £150 + out of pocket coming from SW London.

I liked the poster who thinks our GKmigjt be injured but could have COVID but the rest of the team are fine I suppose we will find out tomorrow
So, because Eastie has a secret injury, we choose not to play Plumley and our first choice defence, but instead pretend rhat he and our best six outfield players ALL have COVID and get the game postponed.....
....bizarre, unlikely, but I suppose possible.....
.....but, to rubber stamp the charade, instead of using the same pretend outbreak to get two more games postponed so that our'injured' keeper can recover, we instead elect to play a game three days later without the players with pretend COVID .....
.....yep, sounds plausible to me

So, because Eastie has a secret injury, we choose not to play Plumley and our first choice defence, but instead pretend rhat he and our best six outfield players ALL have COVID and get the game postponed.....
.....but, to rubber stamp the charade, instead of using the same pretend outbreak to get two more games postponed so that our'injured' keeper can recover, we instead elect to play a game three days later without the players with pretend COVID .....
Something in the water in Wigan I suppose

Not so sure - the time taken from incubation to positive LFT seems to be quite exact. It would, however, suggest that they were all infected at the same event.

Yes, I guess it’s the number of players. Two or three seems plausible but seven seems a lot.

Then again, we know how transmissible COVID is so it’s not a total surprise.

‘100%’ fact according to their forum …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom