England v Croatia..............

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
I'm far from cool, but I didn't know half of those playing in the friendly last week!
The premier league is full of players from other countries in some respect we’re lucky to have enough quality English players to make a fist of it, if you have Sky/BT you’d be aware of most of the player’s .

Apparently as he was about to come on, Southgate's instructions were...

So let it out and let it in, hey Jude, begin,
You're waiting for someone to perform with.And don't you know that it's just you.
Southgate was asked if he could take a penalty and said

"Na na na nanana nanana....."

(By which time he'd taken and missed!)

"HEY JUDE!!!"

Peter Hucker saved both I think? Man U were effortlessly on top and the game petered out into a depressing anticlimax. Next year in div 2 was a lot more fun.
Got a feeling one was smashed into the Cuckoo Lane, but Hucker definitely saved one.

“I’m far from cool but I don’t really ‘get’ or understand most popular bands nowadays. I guess my tastes are just a little less ‘mainstream’ than most people. I’m quite unique really.”

“I’m far from cool but I don’t really ‘get’ or understand most popular bands nowadays. I guess my tastes are just a little less ‘mainstream’ than most people. I’m quite unique really.”
Woah. Just because you don't get Little Mix, it doesn't mean you are 'unique'. It means you have ears.

Who the f is Jude Bellingham??

Made his debut for Birmingham as a 16yo and then was pretty much a regular. Borussia Dortmund signed him last summer as a 17yo and he has been one of their standout players in his 1st season.

Central midfield/box to box player with lots of potential. Likes to tackle but is also skilful going forward and has scored some belting goals as well. Different in the main from our other central midfield options imo.

Last edited:
Made his debut for Birmingham as a 16yo and then was pretty much a regular. Borussia Dortmund signed him last summer as a 17yo and he has been one of their standout players in his 1st season.

Central midfield/box to box player with lots of potential. Likes to tackle but is also skilful going forward and has scored some belting goals as well. Different in the main from our other central midfield options imo.

Don’t let Essexyellows read that, a different fact will pop out of his head!

Was at the game today.

Got a beer in an offie on Wembley Way where the guy behind me, wearing an England shirt, was moaning about the prices for beers set by ‘these Middle Eastern C***s’. But I’m sure any booing of the knee he did was entirely motivated by an opposition to Marxism.

I’m not sure how it came across on the telly, but it felt at Wembley like the booing of the knee was drowned out by applause from the decent fans in attendance. And what a performance from England - after months of watching League One standard players, and with no disrespect to them whatsoever, it was genuinely astonishing to see the quality with which the game can be played. Not inspiring, but the kind of solid performances that win you tournaments.

Modric MOTM btw. What a player.

Was at the game today.

Got a beer in an offie on Wembley Way where the guy behind me, wearing an England shirt, was moaning about the prices for beers set by ‘these Middle Eastern C***s’. But I’m sure any booing of the knee he did was entirely motivated by an opposition to Marxism.

I’m not sure how it came across on the telly, but it felt at Wembley like the booing of the knee was drowned out by applause from the decent fans in attendance. And what a performance from England - after months of watching League One standard players, and with no disrespect to them whatsoever, it was genuinely astonishing to see the quality with which the game can be played. Not inspiring, but the kind of solid performances that win you tournaments.

Modric MOTM btw. What a player.
Please say you weren't jumping around Wembley with your shirt off... 😂

Not sure if this was covered in the thread, but an England fan fell from the stand at Wembley!

This tournament is cursed!

Back
Top Bottom