Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

We could still do with a different option up front, even if Defoe signs.

Could be worth seeing if Crouch fancies putting the podcast life on hold to rekindle one of the best 2009 partnerships (second place behind Jedward).

Looking on sky sports and all the transfers and loan deals that have gone through this month, are we the only team that hasn’t added to their squad ….. let’s hope something happens

At 39, we ain’t going to get him buzzing all around the pitch but he’s a hell of a useful option if we need a goal. Certainly when he was younger I always felt his strength was his ability to get shots on target and at the very least make the keeper work, perhaps it might have looked greedy at times but don’t shoot don’t score. Give me a 40 year old Defoe any day over ex PL forwards, 5 or 6 years younger, like Mackie or Kitson. You know what you’re getting with Defoe and that’s pure finishing.

I hope Browne signs as well then some great options. Now a center half needed plus a powerful midfielder Iam sure the players are coming a busy 11 days 👍

Reports on twitter is that we have had a bid rejected for Browne so not sure if it's happening.

If we sign Defoe despite his age I will be happy. One of the best natural goalscorers the country has produced in years. May off lost his legs but when balls are being played into the box. Probably no one better to get on the end of it
I would hope not otherwise that would be a waste of a wage

Looking on sky sports and all the transfers and loan deals that have gone through this month, are we the only team that hasn’t added to their squad ….. let’s hope something happens
I think Rotherham

If we sign Defoe despite his age I will be happy. One of the best natural goalscorers the country has produced in years. May off lost his legs but when balls are being played into the box. Probably no one better to get on the end of it

Didn’t Crystal Palace bring Kevin Phillips in his late 30’s and got them promoted.

Any names or just an assump

If Defoe signs he has not played this season so how long before he makes a meaningful contribution?
Surely not worth the investment
hes obviously kept himself fit hes been a pro for how many years you dont lose everything overnight he was banging in goals in the scottish prem last couple of years, hes way above our level in footballing terms hes a great striker.

Initially scared... "We can't afford him, we'll go bust" said the little voice inside my head.

Maybe I'm still stuck in the Conference? Maybe I'll never see past Andy Crosby being nut-megged at Hull?

But this morning I'm feeling like we're on a special journey and the future is Yellow! COYY!

Back
Top Bottom