Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Of course, everything discussed amongst ourselves can only be conjecture and assumptions... (Perhaps with the exception of a few people that have inside info)...

But I can't help but feel that our need is great, and we're fast heading towards last orders.

We have several gaps that need to be filled. I really hope we aren't becoming desperate and sniffing around just anybody...
I hope there's still a level of ambition in whoever we are showing interest in.

Does anybody know, historically, at what point of the JTW we tend to do business?
The reason we haven't signed anyone is because we are doing the opposite of sniffing around just anybody.

I think Defoe would be a waste of good transfer funds.
He couldn’t find a regular starting place for Rangers despite several injuries to their front line and I see that Brandon Barker is now seen as not good enough for them too.
Drawing a line between those two players for a moment, I fail to see the value in bringing Defoe (or Barker) here if he can’t get a game there.
Well Rangers are a lot better than us, those players might still be good for us despite not getting into their team. Stop me if I’m being too technical.

There's so much to take in on here so I thought that I'd try to summarise today but from both ends of the forum spectrum.

Friday - 39 year old Jermain Defoe WOW!!!
Monday - 27 year old Cole Stockton - f**k off Grandad!!!

The board need to back the team and spend big!
SIX f*****g GRAND.......A WEEK???

3pm - Jordan Thorniley is bang average at best
4pm - season over, we're doomed!!!

Hope that helps cut down on some of the reading for those just joining us!
Or alternatively.
Defoe until the end of season good , 18 mths hmm bit of a gamble on someone only played10 mins of football this season 6 k is a lot for us to spend on a bit part player.
Stockton , great season , good age to play now but £650,000 alot of money when he has only had one great season and means dropping Taylor to accommodate him when there are other gaps to fill
Thorniley treated shabbily by Blackpool but we can replace - McNally chance to step up but cover required.
Apart from that largely agree with your take scotchers
😉

Or alternatively.
Defoe until the end of season good , 18 mths hmm bit of a gamble on someone only played10 mins of football this season 6 k is a lot for us to spend on a bit part player.
Stockton , great season , good age to play now but £650,000 alot of money when he has only had one great season and means dropping Taylor to accommodate him when there are other gaps to fill
Thorniley treated shabbily by Blackpool but we can replace - McNally chance to step up but cover required.
😉
You beat me to it!!!

Defoe, short term would be perfect because at his age he would be happy to rotate with Taylor. He would be available more as a super-sub

Stockton, will want assurances of a starting position, and if the board are shelling out over £500k will want him to start. Taylor wants to play every game. So KR will have to change a habit of a lifetime and change from his preferred "one up top". Unless one of them plays in a deeper role behind the main man.

650k is a lot of money, but we are fast becoming a big fish!

We aren’t wheeling and dealing as much as we was in the past. We have people at the helm, that want to drive this yellow machine forwards.

We need to get used to this, and I know for some it’s hard to grasp, as we haven’t had this luxury and it’s all new to many OUFC fans.

There is more potential in Cole Stockton, than there is for Jermain Defoe, which may be why the plug was pulled on that deal.

It could still reverse, should Stockton not come, but given the choice, I’d rather sign the Morecambe ace.

We are in for an interesting week, and people are working round the clock.

Before we let ourselves bask too greatly in our own ambitious magnificence, does anyone have proof or confirmation of the £650k bid, or have we allowed ourselves to run with a Facebook post from Witney Daz?

L
Or alternatively.
😉
Literally zero chance Taylor would be dropped, would probably change formation to accommodate, what formation we finished with Saturday is what we would look at using, especially if we sign Cadden as well.

650k is a lot of money, but we are fast becoming a big fish!

We aren’t wheeling and dealing as much as we was in the past. We have people at the helm, that want to drive this yellow machine forwards.

We need to get used to this, and I know for some it’s hard to grasp, as we haven’t had this luxury and it’s all new to many OUFC fans.

There is more potential in Cole Stockton, than there is for Jermain Defoe, which may be why the plug was pulled on that deal.

It could still reverse, should Stockton not come, but given the choice, I’d rather sign the Morecambe ace.

We are in for an interesting week, and people are working round the clock.
And then we sign Jerome Sinclair on deadline day....

You’d love wouldn’t you?
I just don't get the current enthusiasm. We have done the sum total of zero in this window yet all of a sudden we are up with the big boys splashing cash like there's no tomorrow.

My hope is that we spend sensibly but effectively to give us the squad to get us up. So no I wouldn't love it.

I just don't get the current enthusiasm. We have done the sum total of zero in this window yet all of a sudden we are up with the big boys splashing cash like there's no tomorrow.

My hope is that we spend sensibly but effectively to give us the squad to get us up. So no I wouldn't love it.
given you tend to praise other clubs signings perhaps you could inform us who you would like us to try for who fits in and ticks all the boxes

It's a gamble to leave things to the last minute, but we have a good squad and if nothing changes then we will be ok.

However, this is a good opportunity and there WILL be very good players available up to the last minute, including some that won;t be available right now. The gamble is that we will getb extra quality byholding our nerve.

Back
Top Bottom