Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

I'd imagine another couple of seasons easily tbh . Needs someone to push him / cover him better than what we have though .
Think Goodrham will be the first one of hopefully many in and around the first team squad next season

I wouldn't write off at least one of the centre halves (Golding/Nosakhare) making it, certainly they have the physicality. There is also the right back Ben Watt. Josh Anifowose and Josh Johnson in midfield whilst there is Gatlin O'Donkor and Adam Smith upfront. They all have a chance to push through and have been involved with the 1st team/Pizza Trophy team in the last 2 seasons.

And of course we have some talented keepers coming through as well such as Eddie Brearey and the young lad (too young for a youth team contract currently) whose name escapes me who was called up to the England training camp and has been playing above his age group iirc.

I wouldn't write off at least one of the centre halves (Golding/Nosakhare) making it, certainly they have the physicality. There is also the right back Ben Watt. Josh Anifowose and Josh Johnson in midfield whilst there is Gatlin O'Donkor and Adam Smith upfront. They all have a chance to push through and have been involved with the 1st team/Pizza Trophy team in the last 2 seasons.

And of course we have some talented keepers coming through as well such as Eddie Brearey and the young lad (too young for a youth team contract currently) whose name escapes me who was called up to the England training camp and has been playing above his age group iirc.

But would you bet you left nut on any of them?

You can pick two on a double or quits special

EDIT: I'd like better videos of youth team matches on the YouTube Channel if anyone can pass that on.

I think Eddie Brearey did get called up to an England training camp himself, but you may be thinking of Monty Marriott who's 15/16

Tyler Goodrham is our hottest prospect since Baptiste for sure. Performed very well at Hayes and Yeading and I would think we'll be having a very good look at him over next preseason with an eye as to whether he's ready for the step up. Gatlin O'Donkor and Josh Johnson are the two KR has spoken most highly of in the past too. If I were a betting man my left nut would be on one of those three.

I wouldn't write off Leon Chambers-Parillon either. Looked decent in every game I've seen him in, although he's 20 now so need to see signs he's ready for the step up sooner rather than later.

Completely agree Mad Dog - this window should be scrapped. It causes so much unrest in squads, players on the move are rarely match fit & some clubs sign someone in desperation to appease fan pressure.
I've said this for years and always got shot down on here..This window sort of encourages a lazy approach to the summer activities, get yourself a squad for the season and sink or swim by it.
The problem is as i've always said that everyone falls for the hype of sky and Jim Whyte (until recently) and their cronies. The type of players that you ideally think you need are rarely available.
It's the same with the Play Off system that has brought about the don't have to win the League mentality, you can be 20+ pts off top 2 and still join them in the higher league.
in the past if you finished so far behind questions would be asked and you would address the obvious problems.

In the Top flight finishing 4th comes with the same reward as winning it and it's the same pro rata in all the leagues below. those at the top table say they play too much football so why not stop the nonsense that is the Champions/Europa League and all those extra games and revert it to a knockout competition for the "Winners" like it use to be.Sadly everything is just about £££££££.

EDIT: I'd like better videos of youth team matches on the YouTube Channel if anyone can pass that on.

I wouldn't put my left nut on any youth player as there are so many factors involved and not always footballing or in their control.

I think Eddie Brearey did get called up to an England training camp himself, but you may be thinking of Monty Marriott who's 15/16

Marriott sounds right. I thought we had 2 keepers called up to England training camps, obviously different age groups, around the same time but maybe my memory is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom