Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

He’s coming in the summer with Nicky Cadden.

All arranged like the Sercombe deal from Exeter City.
Is this said in the same committed, nay "I ain't wrong gov" certainty that scotchy used his crystal ball to give us his nailed on news on incoming players recently?

Oxford Twitter reposted a Toni Martinez tweet saying ‘once a yellow…’ anything in that?

Oxford Twitter reposted a Toni Martinez tweet saying ‘once a yellow…’ anything in that?
Doubt it, he's playing fairly regularly for Porto, albeit mostly off the bench. Most likely he still keeps an eye on our results, he also probably knows Holland from his West Ham days and was celebrating with him.

Again, I'm going to come over all Mr. Negative......but also feel the need to point out that while the two Sams have been twenty goal strikers at this level in the past - they have scored 12 (Baldock) and 13 (Winnall) league goals in the last five years total (i.e. from 17/18 to 21/22 inclusive).

Now the Championship is a way, way tougher place to score goals than League One (Matty T only managed 7 in 67 games when he was there; Clarke-Harris scored 31 goals for Posh last year.....he's only managed 5 this season)

But we are still rather relying on the old notion that form is temporary, class is permanent with Baldock.

Again, not saying that it's a bad signing - he could turn out to be awesome, and the price tag is certainly attractive - but I just think I would have been more excited if, given that he's 32 years old, his goalscoring exploits were not five years in the past......
That's the dilemma. We need players to get us into the Championship and players to keep us there. They're not necessarily the same thing.

Only using 21 of the possible 22?

Pah. I would have happily been included as a squad member on VERY generous wage demands.

Me too, everytime there is a break in play. I would run on with the oranges, rather than a drinks break.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Pretty sure they need that spot for Ryan to do on pitch massages.

It’s the behind-closed-doors massages that really earn that spot. You think the players had a happy ending on Saturday afternoon? That’s nothing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom