Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

They won’t be signing Simms and Marquis having just signed two forwards from Swansea surely. Also don’t forget these teams making good signings may also loose some of their better players later in the window. Like others have said you can only judge a window on the 1st of feb.
Have they got the money? Will they not be breaking ffp rules like Wigan seem to be doing.

Wigan seemingly aren't just breaking FFP rules. They appear to be chewing them up, shitting them out and leaving them in a big steaming pile on the doorstep of the EFL.
Could of their fans are saying they made a lot of money last summer and apparently they have sell on clauses but who knows.

Is Ellis Simms not a “young premiership upstart”?

It’s also the Premier League, has been for 15 years
Ellis Simms was a young "premier league" player with no experience once, and now is the kind of player a promotion chasing side should be aware of, as weren't. My opinion, dont agree, tough.
"It’s also the Premier League, has been for 15 years".... 😂

Hey, we may yet get the 3 needed players in, the board backing kr and the expectations of fans and a hunky dory place this shall be, after Saturdays debacle. Sorry to lay it bare, it really was, no spin can hide that. Maybe we'll get that cozy feeling ahead of a difficult but winnable game on Saturday.

Woolworths has been closed for a number of years now.....your go!

🤣 You're meant to be under ignore by the way.

I agree with the general consensus on here that we need a striker, defensive midfielder and reserve left back as a minimum. I would also go for another Centre Back that is strong in the air, as we are shipping too many goals. Not sure what Findlay is like but we need a leader in the Shotton/Creighton mould. For the midfielder I would go for an ex-prem player nearing the end of his career who cant get a game for his current club but can do a job for us, bossing things in the middle of the park, adding that extra bit of experience and know how to see games out that we seem to lack.

For the striker, I remember when we were going for promotion to the old division 2 and was puzzled when Jim Smith replaced our 20 goal top scorer Steve Biggins with someone called John Aldridge. We soon saw why! Smith knew you can’t stand still and continually improved us. For the same reason I think we should look to move on Agyei and Winnall and use their wages to bring in a single striker who is on a par or potential to be better than Taylor. We only play one up top as it is so along with Whyte we should still have enough cover in that position.

Only problem with the above is it wouldn’t come cheap and i’m not sure we can afford it.
I agree on the need for a cb, but to say we are shipping goals is not accurate, we have conceded the 3rd least amount of goals in the league fewer than Wycombe who everybody said were fantastic defensively. As I say, I don’t disagree with the need for a CB though

I haven't got involved with any of the ITK stuff. I've got far too much going on at the moment away from football to get involved in forum battles!

However I spoke with someone today and said that there were those worrying that we'll get no one in. They laughed and said that we were on track to have the most expensive January window in our history. Our targets were identified in October and talks are already taking place. We're looking at permanent deals where possible but wouldn't rule out one or two loans. They're confident that Brannagan will stay, but less confident that Sykes will. We were initially open to offers for Sykes in the summer and have lined up options if he does go.

No names given, and I didn't ask. But it sounds like things are significantly more positive behind the scenes than some present in here.

I haven't got involved with any of the ITK stuff. I've got far too much going on at the moment away from football to get involved in forum battles!

However I spoke with someone today and said that there were those worrying that we'll get no one in. They laughed and said that we were on track to have the most expensive January window in our history. Our targets were identified in October and talks are already taking place. We're looking at permanent deals where possible but wouldn't rule out one or two loans. They're confident that Brannagan will stay, but less confident that Sykes will. We were initially open to offers for Sykes in the summer and have lined up options if he does go.

No names given, and I didn't ask. But it sounds like things are significantly more positive behind the scenes than some present in here.
Any rumours that wan hat was ketones earlier that Browne was at the training ground today?

Barker & Lee we’re top draw signings last January. Grayson not so much.

We need a striker different to Taylor, who is knackered.
We need a holding midfielder. Gorrin is out till end of the season.
We need a big left sided defender who can play LB. Seddon has played basically every game.

13 days for those 3 in. Tick tock…

That’s not factoring in the sale of Moore, Sykes or Brannagan.

Barker & Lee we’re top draw signings last January. Grayson not so much.

We need a striker. Taylor is knackered.
We need a ball winning midfielder. Gorrin is out till end of the season.
We need a big left sided defender who can play LB. Seddon has played basically every game.

13 days for those 3 in. Tick tock…

We need a winger too as Cooper gone back to Ireland, I'm guessing that's browne but everything else spot on.

We need a winger too as Cooper gone back to Ireland, I'm guessing that's browne but everything else spot on.

You’d expect Cooper to go back on loan to Linfield. Agyei on loan to League 2 & Mousinho to drop out of the squad over Hanson.

You’d expect Cooper to go back on loan to Linfield. Agyei on loan to League 2 & Mousinho to drop out of the squad over Hanson.
Linfield have a few bob available, after the sale of Trai Hume to Sunderland. Have also let Matt Green go.
They were in for Portadowns Lee Bonis but he’s gone to Larne for around 100k

Scotchers. January was missing your "means business" optimism and you have just excelled yourself.

Most expensive in history. Wow. Fingers crossed! Excited!

Back
Top Bottom