Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

O
That’d be an excellent signing and a step towards us playing passing football from the back again.
Was an okay player but not the Top defender some are making out, we can do better…..

Not sure if he impressed there, only made a couple of appearances from what I can see.
3 appearances in the 4 games available for

Southend - Subbed on at half-time (1-0 down, lost 3-0)
Aldershot - Subbed off at half-time for a striker (2-0 down, lost 2-1)
Barnet in FA Trophy - Played 90mins amongst a team of 5 or 6 changes, concentrating on the league etc. (lost 2-0)
Dorking - Sub not used (Won 3-0)

Tyler Smith

Would make sense - Hull just signed Aaron Connolly on loan, so Smith is less likely to be involved with them going forwards. Has scored three Championship goals this season from only five starts (and nine sub appearances).

Much rather that we signed someone like him (should be coming into his peak at 24, but still has something to prove) than an in-decline donkey like Stockley. Even if he was a scummer for a season.......

Behind the scenes videos of Konate's first day.

Noticeable things:
- Mark Thomas very much still around and being introduced to signings and agent
- Baldock, Henry, Murphy and Negru all in training "on the grass"
- Oisin Smyth in training, Solihull have signed more midfielders recently, so he may have come back early?
- Findlay was there today so not discussing a move with anyone (in person anyway)

Yes, that video wasn’t filmed just to show supporter’s all about Konate’s first day.

Would make sense - Hull just signed Aaron Connolly on loan, so Smith is less likely to be involved with them going forwards. Has scored three Championship goals this season from only five starts (and nine sub appearances).

Much rather that we signed someone like him (should be coming into his peak at 24, but still has something to prove) than an in-decline donkey like Stockley. Even if he was a scummer for a season.......

With how s**t we are. I don’t think we can moan about any additions!

Tyler Smith

Scored 10 in 26 for the scum (7 in 23 in L1) in 20/21

Hull then paid a fee for him to sign from Sheff Utd.

37 apps, 4 goals in the Championship over 21/22 and this season so far

Smith is exactly the kind of profile of striker that we should be targeting. Has a point to prove, at a good age and has 11 goals in 2618 league minutes (or one every 2.5 games) in the last three seasons, much of which has been in the Championship. If it goes well, no reason we can't be front of the queue in the summer. Hope the hard work pays off and we land him tomorrow.

Smith is exactly the kind of profile of striker that we should be targeting. Has a point to prove, at a good age and has 11 goals in 2618 league minutes (or one every 2.5 games) in the last three seasons, much of which has been in the Championship. If it goes well, no reason we can't be front of the queue in the summer. Hope the hard work pays off and we land him tomorrow.
Are we in for him?

Agree, he would be ideal.

With how s**t we are. I don’t think we can moan about any additions!

We need bodies to get us through this season without getting relegated. But we don't want to **** ourselves for future seasons by doling out long contracts to mediocre players like Stockley.

A six month loan for a player like Smith, and then reassess in the summer is exactly what we should be doing.

At the start of the window I said privately that I expected three first team players to arrive this month. I’m not counting development squad players like Negru and Mfuni in that. I thought we would see a left back, a striker, and a nondescript midfielder who nobody really knows the best position of. Could be a 10, could be a sort of winger, could maybe even play an advanced role in the three. Bit like Elliot Lee the other year, or Woodburn the season before him. All of which would be loans or short term frees.
If Smith arrives tomorrow then I’m having this.

This is the type of loan that has scope to be permanent - it has all the makings. I like it on paper and seen him play a few times albeit some time ago. He’s lively and puts himself about despite not being a big build. Would be a great option.

Interesting that we’re still after another forward, makes me think there could be at least a couple tomorrow which would give the squad a much needed refresh.

This is the type of loan that has scope to be permanent - it has all the makings. I like it on paper and seen him play a few times albeit some time ago. He’s lively and puts himself about despite not being a big build. Would be a great option.

Interesting that we’re still after another forward, makes me think there could be at least a couple tomorrow which would give the squad a much needed refresh.

Doesn't seem to be any early news on Taylor's injury which is a slight concern. Might mean it's a mid/long term one so a striker becomes a must

Could even be 2 forwards tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom