Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

Could even be 2 forwards tomorrow.
I’m not against it. I am still hoping we maybe move for Erhahon as I thought that one sounded promising and again a good profile.

With Smith you can see him doing well here but maybe not enough to get back on the radar at Hull so maybe one we can get done in the summer all being well. Clearly a good little goal scorer just needs a chance to play. It’s a clever one if truth behind it - not a stop gap.

I’m not against it. I am still hoping we maybe move for Erhahon as I thought that one sounded promising and again a good profile.

With Smith you can see him doing well here but maybe not enough to get back on the radar at Hull so maybe one we can get done in the summer all being well. Clearly a good little goal scorer just needs a chance to play. It’s a clever one if truth behind it - not a stop gap.

He’s agreed to join Lincoln for 200k with a another possible 100k in add ons.

He’s agreed to join Lincoln for 200k with a another possible 100k in add ons.
That’s a shame. All been very quiet so maybe we walked away… I’ll give KR the benefit of the doubt!!

Another midfielder would really help me sleep at night. One injury away from a bit of a crisis there unless Smyth is actually going to be considered.

I think I've figured out the Round Table video. Someone at OUFC thinks that Robin Hood and his merry men sat around a round table. When actually, it was King Arthur and his knights (of the round table) Robin Hood spent much time in Nottingham Forest. The round table was fabled to be in Camelot which is not in Nottingham Forest.
What the glass of red wine has to do with anything, I don't know. Neither Robin Hood or King Arthur drank wine. Drink of the day then was, Mead.
It was actually one of King Arthur's knights who designed the round table.

Sir Cumference.

I think I've figured out the Round Table video. Someone at OUFC thinks that Robin Hood and his merry men sat around a round table. When actually, it was King Arthur and his knights (of the round table) Robin Hood spent much time in Nottingham Forest. The round table was fabled to be in Camelot which is not in Nottingham Forest.
What the glass of red wine has to do with anything, I don't know. Neither Robin Hood or King Arthur drank wine. Drink of the day then was, Mead.
Robin Herd, that takes you back.

We're signing Beth Mead... that would be a statement as a proven goal scorer and would be very OUFC as she's out with an ACL

Lots of clubs around us strengthening quite a bit in this window. Fair play to them.

To be fair a lot of them have a stable first team manager who’s future looks past this summer. It would be silly for us to sign players long term with Karl’s job status likely to change this week with the wrong results.

I think we will see 2 more players in tomorrow as well.

Has yet to score a league goal, and I thought we were after a striker.
Fleetwood have just bagged two decent league 1 strikers and we can’t even bag one.
Are they still decent. If we had signed Stockley there would be outrage on here. No doubt he has signed a big fat 3 year contract having scored 3 times this season. Today's signing feels so much better than this

Fleetwood showing the way forward in terms of squad investments. This is after signing another striker yesterday.

Fleetwood Town are delighted to announce experienced goalscorer Jayden Stockley has signed for the club from fellow League One side Charlton Athletic for a substantial undisclosed fee.

I thought we were going for promotion and proper squad investment? Why werent we looking at
Predictably though, its a premier league wonderboy as many predicted rather than investment in our own players.
We seem to be patchinh things up rather than invest in players for the future.

Jayden Stockley would be an investment for the future ? I give up !!!

Fleetwood showing the way forward in terms of squad investments. This is after signing another striker yesterday.

Fleetwood Town are delighted to announce experienced goalscorer Jayden Stockley has signed for the club from fellow League One side Charlton Athletic for a substantial undisclosed fee.

I thought we were going for promotion and proper squad investment? Why werent we looking at
Predictably though, its a premier league wonderboy as many predicted rather than investment in our own players.
We seem to be patchinh things up rather than invest in players for the future.
Did you see Stockley against us? He’s literally a heftier version of Taylor this season. Would be on a big wage & imo is pretty lazy. 2 years ago I would have said yes. Not now.

Back
Top Bottom