Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

He would have walked to Stoke to get away from Karl's alylum

Tried his hardest last summer with his antics with Stevens. Imagine not only playing for a professional football club, but playing for a club you love and watching its soul get destroyed by a vacuous self-important prick...no wonder he's been wanting out for so long.

Todays OM (page30) is speculating on 6 'free agents' who may be on OUFC radar - including ..... Connor Wickham

the other 5 names mentioned are , Tom Caroll, Dale Stephens, Izzy Brown, Sammy Amobei &.... Jerome Sinclair
Sammy ameobi - thinnest legs in footballing history

Todays OM (page30) is speculating on 6 'free agents' who may be on OUFC radar - including ..... Connor Wickham

the other 5 names mentioned are , Tom Caroll, Dale Stephens, Izzy Brown, Sammy Amobei &.... Jerome Sinclair

What a delicious smorgasbord of semi-retired footballers to choose from.

Decisions, decisions. The striker who last played competitive football 22 months ago or the one who hasn't played for 26 months?

They definitely all deserve more money, more job security and for someone to take them in. Football owes them all a living.

Decisions, decisions. The striker who last played competitive football 22 months ago or the one who hasn't played for 26 months?

They definitely all deserve more money, more job security and for someone to take them in. Football owes them all a living.
To be fair they all have the potential to be the ‘best in league 1’ on their day… 😞

I've not played a game since 2002. Should I be waiting by the phone, just in case?

As a lifelong fan of the club, I'm very happy to play for as little as 5k a week.

It really is pathetic isn't it!?
A manager who can't put together a full and fit balanced squad, then has to rely on this kind of shambles.
Should have gone in October!!

Has KR stated whether they are actually looking at OOC players, as mentioned it looks like they are all likely to be way short of fitness…any news of length of time for Cam to be back??

Any news? Full stop.

Club does really well at communication....... Top 30 in fact.... :ROFLMAO:

On the one hand, we desperately need bodies in central midfield so we're definitely entering 'Anyone will do' territory.....

.....on the other, he's a 23 year old who has started one football league game in his career. In other words, he's barely more experienced than Smyth or Johnson.
Might be better though? Of course, also might be worse but if the 7 man recruitmant team think he is better than them then we should do it.

I've not played a game since 2002. Should I be waiting by the phone, just in case?

As a lifelong fan of the club, I'm very happy to play for as little as 5k a week.
Still a better deal than what we are paying Josh Murphy tbf…

Might be better though? Of course, also might be worse but if the 7 man recruitmant team think he is better than them then we should do it.

Sure, but at best you're making an educated guess that he's better, based on what he looks like in training and youth football. He never even played a full game in Northern Ireland before coming over (Smyth played almost a hundred!).

We've already signed one youngster with a minimal track record in Konate (although again, he at least played 30 games in France).

If we're worried about getting drawn into a relegation scrap, loading up on completely unproven talent is a high risk strategy, to say the least. I would be more down with this sort of signing if we actually won a couple of games, were confident of staying up and were only thinking of the future for our last dozen games.

Back
Top Bottom