Home Match Day Thread 05/03/2022 L1: OUFC v Burton Albion

What I make of it is it's an idiotic statement. Right behind the shot and it bent into the corner with speed. No goalie would stop that.
IT was a sudden volley too, the guy didn’t take a touch to size it up and give Jack a chance to prepare. Not the same sort of thing as the shots we’ve
been vulnerable to.

In minor mitigation the defender gets a touch on it which really didn't help as he was already set.
Yes, having looked at that again, I think that touch messed it up. Same way a minor deflection can wrong foot a keeper that touch just put it behind where Winnall was set and where the natural path of the ball was.

A bit of a diversion off subject, but anyone have any news on Sam Baldock's injury. Really hope it's not too serious as the man is a class act. As has been mentioned before, the first half yesterday was one of the best I've seen for ages,on par with when we beat West Ham. Superb stuff.

A bit of a diversion off subject, but anyone have any news on Sam Baldock's injury. Really hope it's not too serious as the man is a class act. As has been mentioned before, the first half yesterday was one of the best I've seen for ages,on par with when we beat West Ham. Superb stuff.

KR said that they hope it wasn't "too bad" and that they didn't want to "take a risk"

Edit:

It's his knee. Not sure what it was directly after the match.

Last edited:
Isn't that every home game!!!
I did email Andy Taylor a while back about the traffic management we have. It seems to me they’re just stand around and don’t do anything and they’re getting paid for that, to me the club are wasting their money unless they TM can start to do the job they’re paid for.

Isn't that every home game!!!
Worse than usual yesterday, apparrently ....I park in bbleys, dropped my grandaughter home in Witney by 5.45....my sister & dad, who park in a disabled bay at the fence end, didnt get back to Kidlington until 6.25, they didn't get out the carpark till gone 5.35.....previous 4 (10k+ crowds) home games they were home just before 6pm....something wasnt right with the car park traffic management after the game yesterday

Last edited:
Exiting the overflow car park has been a nightmare for 20 years, and sometimes it feels like you're waiting that long, particularly after a defeat.

Poor design all those years ago, with the single exit and the cross feed of traffic from the fence end car park.

What could be done? More active stewarding, I guess, to maximise the feed through and give each stream a fair chance? Encouraging greater use of buses and car sharing? The east side is not nearly so bad in my experience - small car park which empties quickly and the on road parking is also fairly quick to clear.

Hopefully a moot point in terms of moving to the new stadium, but I still cannot believe that a better solution has not been evolved for parking at the current place.

More than one exit from the overflow would be a start, preferably one to that doesn't have to filter past the cinema and main car park and also a dedicated section for cinema goers and/or a more coordinated approach to film start/finish times so cinema goers (including parents with small children) don't have to queue amongst thousands of rowdy football types to get home.

I know it is difficult to comprehend but apparently there are some people in the world for whom football isn't the only option for a Saturday afternoon!!

Won't have that problem at the new stadium, it will be disabled, staff and pre booked only during match days. Everyone else will have to use park and rides, buses or the train station. I park in Littlemore just outside the permit area and its a 10 minute walk to the stadium which I would rather do than sit in the car park for an hour after the game. I'm normally home in Abingdon just after half 5, maybe a few others should try it?

Exiting the car park behind the East Stand was much worse than usual yesterday. I’ve no idea why, and yet there were 2.5k fewer fans in the stadium than for the previous 4 home league games. There must be a reason for it.

Won't have that problem at the new stadium, it will be disabled, staff and pre booked only during match days. Everyone else will have to use park and rides, buses or the train station. I park in Littlemore just outside the permit area and its a 10 minute walk to the stadium which I would rather do than sit in the car park for an hour after the game. I'm normally home in Abingdon just after half 5, maybe a few others should try it?
I hope I'm wrong but can't help thinking that without 2,000 free parking spaces and with (hopefully) bigger crowds at the new stadium, parking will be an issue even allowing for the P&R.

I hope I'm wrong but can't help thinking that without 2,000 free parking spaces and with (hopefully) bigger crowds at the new stadium, parking will be an issue even allowing for the P&R.

There can't be a parking issue if there's no parking spaces!

Not witch hunting Stevens again but you can’t say he had no chance. Of course he had a chance, if he’s positioned probably four to six more inches to his left he probably saves it. Is this another ‘no keeper in the world saves that‘ load of old cobblers. Plenty of keepers save it and plenty of others don’t - Stevens was in the didn’t category. Make of that what you want.

He had no chance however you try to swing it.

What was all the fuss about the disallowed goal at 1-0?
I didn't really register what did or didn't happen and haven't seen any footage subsequently, but just witnessed a torrent of abuse and incoherent ranting at the linesman which appeared to indicate that his understanding of the rules is on a par with Danny Cowley!

I think Matty Taylor runs across blocking the view of the keeper but that could be wrong.

Edit: Having seen the extended highlights, the right decision for me as Matty Taylor in an offside position and he at least plays at the ball, if not actually plays the ball.

Last edited:
Bit off topic but the parking thread has piqued my interest - the car park area G1 (on the right as you turn in opposite the hotel entrance) is coned off and virtually empty; anyone know why?

There can't be a parking issue if there's no parking spaces!
The general parking will be at the two park and rides and Oxford parkway as we all know. The only issue there could be would be the leaving with the traffic lights, but that would be easier than it is now.

KR, firstly said it was precautionary but then followed up with saying Sam Baldock said something popped so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom