Home Match Day Thread 09/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
…from the division ABOVE. Listen to what you’re saying
seeing as theres a meltdown on here after we lose a few games then what would happen with a relegation even if its from the league above? if we go up i want us to stay up.
What happens if Rotherham dont go up this season after being top and clear all season?

Tell me, which bit do you mean? I’ll directly respond to you.
your response was from mine to cass63 post, his post was who is to blame, mine was in all probability we wouldnt have lost any of the last 3 games.

seeing as theres a meltdown on here after we lose a few games then what would happen with a relegation even if its from the league above? if we go up i want us to stay up.
What happens if Rotherham dont go up this season after being top and clear all season?

We haven’t ‘lost a few games’ though have we? We’ve more or less lost the season.

If we were to go up, I’m absolutely certain support would be realistic. Are you suggesting peoples expectations now aren’t realistic? As such, results cannot be called into question?

What about the Ciaron Brown header in the second half, or the shot tipped over in the first couple of minutes?
It’s a dangerous game when you get into the Managers ally and are going over chances missed.

We will end where we deserve to end in the league. That’s how it works. Over 46 games you’ll get found out. We have been found out 4 games early.

Have none of our promotion rivals missed chances then? Did Wycombe and Wednesday not miss chances yesterday? Must just be us…

We haven’t ‘lost a few games’ though have we? We’ve more or less lost the season.

If we were to go up, I’m absolutely certain support would be realistic. Are you suggesting peoples expectations now aren’t realistic? As such, results cannot be called into question?
i think the same people who moan now after we lose would absolutely lose it if we were down in the relegation zone in championship.

It’s a dangerous game when you get into the Managers ally and are going over chances missed.

We will end where we deserve to end in the league. That’s how it works. Over 46 games you’ll get found out. We have been found out 4 games early.

Have none of our promotion rivals missed chances then? Did Wycombe and Wednesday not miss chances yesterday? Must just be us…
wasnt he talking about the specific post about what chances we missed against sunderland?

i think the same people who moan now after we lose would absolutely lose it if we were down in the relegation zone in championship.
I disagree.

Most people are not losing the plot or going into meltdown every time we lose a game or two, they have perspective, and constructive, level headed reactions, but there are also a lot of people who are noticing an ongoing pattern of neglect with regards to recruitment and tactics, that's been going on for several years now.

We are consistently one of the top scorers in the league, so missed chances and lack of goals is obviously not the problem, but we are consistently frail defensively, and understandably, after another missed opportunity, due to the same old problems, people's patience is starting to wear thin.

I don't disagree. I was responding to the point that Sunderland created 4 of the 5 chances yesterday when we had a number of good chances ourselves.

The league table is a true reflection on where we are. And whilst some have "found us out" we've also done the same to many others. But there are always individual exceptions.

Although by no means certain, we could finish this season doing the double over Sheff Wed, MK Dons and taking 4 points off Rotherham. I don't think that we're better than those 3 teams but sometimes things fall your way, and sometimes they don't.

What about the Ciaron Brown header in the second half, or the shot tipped over in the first couple of minutes?
Forgot about the Brown chance until after I posted, that would be up there too and a great save. The Sykes chance early doors wasn't as clear cut as either of their two chances I mentioned by a long way, and both their goals were probably more presentable chances. The second one certainly was.

Also Bodin (I think) put wide of the post with a shot from the edge of the box and his free kick that hit the crossbar.
He did, and I'm not saying we didn't create anything. The free kick was a bit of quality and he's shown he can score from there against Bolton but if you need a goal would you rather have a free kick from 30 yards that has to be inch perfect to drop over the keeper on his side, a one on one with the defence split or the ball pulled back along the six yard line with the keeper in no man's land?

Like I said we created bits and it certainly wouldn't have been a surprise if Bodin had put his shot from the edge of the box in but you don't look back on it and think "Christ that's a bad miss" like you would for either of those Sunderland chances they missed, or if they hadn't scored their second.

I disagree.

Most people are not losing the plot or going into meltdown every time we lose a game or two, they have perspective, and constructive, level headed reactions, but there are also a lot of people who are noticing an ongoing pattern of neglect with regards to recruitment and tactics, that's been going on for several years now.

We are consistently one of the top scorers in the league, so missed chances and lack of goals is obviously not the problem, but we are consistently frail defensively, and understandably, after another missed opportunity, due to the same old problems, people's patience is starting to wear thin.
you should read the posts more then as although people have been complaining about the defence all season we havent been having a Robinson out thread or a wide criticism of players until the last few games.

The biggest misses were both from them, the open goal McNally cleared off the line early on and the one on one Stevens saved from Brannagan's assist. This has always been the issue with us, at a glance we looked like we controlled the game but they had 4 of the 5 best chances, teams don't have to work very hard to break us down
Not an absolutely brilliant save by Stevens to prevent the late chance I see , just ' a miss ' .
Bodins was a miss as off target when I'm 100 % certain he would expect to score .
Browns header ,inside the 6 yard box was as good a chance as any they had . Brilliant save by their keeper .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom